BBBJ, how risky?

Guest BigBoy05

Most SP's in Winnipeg provide covered service. That is probably good. Does any one got some idea how risky the following is:

1. BBBJ

2. DFK

3. DATY

Medically I am sure these things present a certain amount of risk - but you know what they say - the more enjoyable - the more the risk :-(

Since these are my favs, damn this is gonna be a short life.

What are the risks:

• Herpes is probably the biggest STD risk during oral sex. Both strains of herpes can live in the mouth or the genitals, and particularly during outbreaks (cold sores, herpes lesions) can be passed from one place to the other. Many people have oral herpes, more than 50% of a random group of people will have antibodies to the virus (indicating some level of infection). Having oral herpes for most people is no big deal, a cold sore during times of stress or illness is usually little more than an annoyance. Genital herpes can be more complicated and uncomfortable, but there are treatments (see Herpes Fact Sheet for more info). Care should be taken so that oral herpes are not passed to anyone’s genitals. In general it is not a good idea to have unprotected oral sex while any lesions are present.
  • Chlamydia and gonorrhea can infect your throat, strep like symptoms, and are curable with antibiotics. These can also infect the eye, and though rare, eye infections can have serious consequences, so be careful with fluids.
  • HIV can be passed through unprotected oral sex, but it is more likely to be passed during unprotected penetrative sex. The infected semen/precum or vaginal fluid must enter the body through a cut or sore in the mouth or esophagus. The virus is unlikely to be passed from a person’s mouth to another person’s genitals.
  • HPV can be passed during oral sex, but it is rare. HPV has been found on vocal chords.
  • Syphilis can be passed similar to HIV. Syphilis is curable.
  • Hepatitis A is a risk particularly in oral-anal sex, and people engaging in this unprotected might want to look into getting a Hep A vaccine. Hep A is not a chronic condition like Hep B and C, but can make a person quite sick several weeks.

Reducing Risks:

• To reduce the risk of infection during unprotected oral sex, limit exposure to sexual fluids and ensure that no cuts or lesions are present in mouth or on genitals.
  • Use barrier methods — though many people feel that barrier methods detract from oral sex, they are very effective at preventing STD transmission:
    • Oral-penile sex: Male condom, no spermicide (kills taste buds), flavored condoms are available.
    • Oral-vaginal sex: Dental dams (aka Lollys) — can buy them, or you can use non-microwaveable saran wrap, or cut up a latex glove.
    • Oral-anal sex: Dental dams, non-microwaveable saran wrap, cut up latex glove

[*]Spit or swallow? Limiting exposure to semen reduces risk of infection, so ejaculation away from partner’s body is the safest. That said, the mouth is the place most likely to contract something like HIV, so the conventional wisdom is, “swallow or spit, just don’t let it sit.”

P.S. All this info is available on the internet... on many medical sites. If you own a computer or have access to one on the internet (obviously you have access to one on the internet if you reading this) then you have no excuse to not know the risks.

P.S.S. I removed BigBoys comment about "Mod you should post this info to protect everyone" as it's NOT my job to protect anyone!! Don't be foolish! If you have concerns you should do some research. Here is a long to help you out.... http://www.google.com

If you ask me, in this day and age if you are having unprotected sex with ANYONE who is not your long term partner (and hopefully if you have a long term partner they are not having unprotected sex behind your back!) then you are going to get something... it's just a matter of when and how severe? Herpes and HPV are the most common... then the clap and some other curable stuff (but still rather embarrassing when you ask the doctor what this lump is on your pecker I am sure) so why take the risk... with incurable stuff like HepC and Aids/hiv and even herpes (Cause no cure exists for that yet people) why would you risk it? You obviously like sex and I tell you no one is going to have sex with you if your crotch looks like cauliflower or your skin on your pecker is blistered and flaky (Very Common STD's cause these symptoms!)

Guest RogerHeading

Most excellant commentary moderator."If you ask me, in this day and age if you are having unprotected sex with ANYONE who is not your long term partner (and hopefully if you have a long term partner they are not having unprotected sex behind your back!) then you are going to get something... it's just a matter of when and how severe? Some people seem to have the idea that they will just die young if they get sick, many don't die you just suffer for the rest of your life with the consequences.

Guest BigBoy05

The best lesson ever...Thanks to Mod for excellent summary...

Roll the dice is not good advise at all. More like Russian Roulette - you can play 100 times and never get hurt or you could shot the first time (You just don't know) I hope that if you practice unsafe sex that you go and get tested regularly so that your not spreading anything to others.

One problem with risk in this area is that you don't take the risk for yourself alone, but put others at risk, often without their knowledge. Then, you or she aren't just run over by a Kenworth rig when things go wrong. Instead, there are sickness and social consequences, sometimes for the rest of your life. If an SP provides unprotected sex as part of her service then may be a greater risk for the client

Guest BigBoy05

Mod has made the things very clear. A safe SP can be much safer than picking up a girlfirend at the bar. All SPs and clients need to come up with a safter/better GFE alternatives. Playing safe is good for all.

I posted this on the other thread but will post it here too...

risk-STP-for-cerb.jpg