Does anyone know what the term link flapping means? Rogers was at my door a few minutes ago and said the have a flap problem and will be in the neighbourhood and Rogers clients homes for the next 2 days?

It has something to do with landlines. For a few days now mine keeps disconnecting.

C

Thanks for the info you 2, and the OJ all over myself Kathryn.

Effin (excuse me) Rogers is going to be in my neighbourhood for the next 2 days AND in and out of my house!!

How very inconvenient to me...and I had the embarrassment of having to cancel a playdate. Mother Nature is none too pleased the the moment. There will be no labia flapping in my house today or tomorrow. :icon_cry:

Looking around for that confounded Hitachi!

Additional Comments:

And of course, I couldn't resist changing my Avatar! :icon_wink:

• Like 4

I need to give my brain a good scrubbing. I saw the post title and immediately thought of labia :biggrin:

Do not feel too bad. My first thought, given the site, was those dancers from the 1920's(?) that were called flapper girls.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

they should be able to do what ever they need to outside at your box connection. They should not have to come into your house.

And K. Bardot, I had the same thought. LOL

Does anyone know what the term link flapping means? Rogers was at my door a few minutes ago and said the have a flap problem and will be in the neighbourhood and Rogers clients homes for the next 2 days?

Geez, you'd think if they were going to go to people's homes and discuss the issue, they'd use terms that people outside the telecom industry could understand -- or at least explain them.

What's the point of going to someone's door only to tell them "there's some non-trivial flabberghasting with the secondary optical subwidgets"? Just tell them that service is dropping and you need to look at stuff to fix it.

• Like 1

I need to give my brain a good scrubbing. I saw the post title and immediately thought of labia :biggrin:

Well I have to give my eyes a good scrubbing because I read it as 'flopping' which brought back the Olde German term for brassiere "stoppemfromfloppen"

You scrub your brain and I shall scrub your labia ....... Deal ? ;)

and yessss....apparently due to budget restraints...Rogers has gone back to using birds for signal instead of satellite signal....... thus.... they have a flapping problem. Birds be sick :( can't flap today

No wait ! That is for cel service flapping problem ! Rigggght !! R You having landline problems Chanel ? I will pop on over and deal with that flapping problem and shouldn't take more than 2 days .... ish but by cracky I will be there till the job is done !!!

Disclaimer .... I am just the flapper fixer guy....If your phones do not work after I leave ... contact the phone company.....not on your phone cause it doesn't work.....use somebody else's phone.....

• Like 1

they should be able to do what ever they need to outside at your box connection. They should not have to come into your house.

And K. Bardot, I had the same thought. LOL

Yeah - I agree, there's no reason Roger's needs to have access to your place.

I'm thinking if the routing issue is due to a hardware problem, it can be contained at the network level. It sounds pretty clunky if the techs have to manually isolate certain network paths from your router.

Well Mr Rogers was here and I was the 12th house he rewired and replaced phone modems for.

Then he did something with his wire in my backyard for 40 minutes. :icon_eek: