feel better now, i am going for my first ever check up later in the week. Dr Emma will be doing it , just so i know what to expect when when i really do go:exagerefesses:

Guest S***e

Although not particularly pleasant, having an annual DRE exam at the doctor's office in a clinical setting in conjunction with a PSA test a few weeks before, has been something I've done now for many years. Last visit, I was diagnosed with BPH and am now on Flomax. My condition has a genetic component to it as well because my father had it and his father had it. My grandfather had his prostate removed and prostate surgery is no longer done as routinely unless there are indicators of cancer as best as I can tell. Prostate cancer can be easily treated if diagnosed early, so I strongly recommend that we "man up" and be examined annually. PSA tests are for the most part covered by OHIP now, but only cost $30 or so. It's best to be proactive in one's own health.

Of course you can have non-clinical prostate exams with Dr. Emma just to become more comfortable with the procedure. LOL I'm not a "do it yourself" type of guy when it comes to this.

This is a very important exam TO GET DONE GENTS......so please take good care of yourself and have it done. If your afraid i can go with you and hold your hand 8)

kisses

Emma A

This is a very important exam TO GET DONE GENTS......so please take good care of yourself and have it done. If your afraid i can go with you and hold your hand 8)

kisses

Emma A

How nice of you to offer, and "YES" is my answer to your question.LOL

I have this done routinely as my family is riddled with cancer and I am over 30, my issue is my doctor thinks that this is the best time to have small talk, thanks for the bedside manner, but this is the one time direction and silence is absolutely cool. Plus he is a 60's heavyset man and that just ain't my thing!:smile:

I wanted to grow a 'stache for the Movember charity, but it wouldn't sit well when I meet customers and the look would have been truly ludicrous, for those who have met me picture me with a big thick mustache...Yikes!

Donate ho!

Guest S***e

I've never had mine done while standing as described in the link as I've been on my side with my knees pulled towards my chest. All my GPs in the past 20 years have done it like that, never standing. Some testicular exams have been done while standing, however, but not always. The main thing is, I never want to have both his hands on my shoulders while it's being done! LOL

http://menshealth.about.com/od/prostatehealth/a/prostate_poll.htm

has a quick description of the procedure.

This is the short version...Well my family history was full of prostrate, so the family doc was keeping me checked on ...discovered small iregularity very early ... went to Urologist ... (lucked out got a very very good one) watched a shrot time ... did the first biopsy! ... was inconclusive ... did a second !!!

funny story.... I am in the position watching the tv .. Doc and the nurse are at the other end trting to get the "instrutment" in and haveing a really difficult time ... I ask "Doc it always this difficult to get that in" , he replys "no not always, this is actually the most dificult I have seen".... then I have to ask ... "Dose this mean I am 'tight A$$?"" ... Well Doc and nurse both loose it and have to give up the attempt laughing too hard....

2nd byopsy found a second spot in a different place!!!!! doc recomended doing "something" and gave me the 3 options Surgery, Radiation, and seeds. (considering the above story I rulled the seeds right away); Doc wanted me to do some research be fore makeing up my mind ...we had some time ... the spots were tiny, microscopic ...

Decided to go with surgery (Jan 06) .... After the surgery we found some unrelated complications (blockages) tried many different tortureous methods to fix this and ended up with another surgery Jan 09 !!

With all tha cutting and sliceing going on "down there" "Winston" was feeling really shy but thanks to good Doc's and modern medicine!!! Willy aka Winston is fit as a fiddle, and better than ever LOL almost Bionic ;)

Guy's!!! Get It Done! Catch It Early! Get a Great Doc! (Yes there are differences in Docs, PM me for referances)

With testing and early detection this one Can be Beaten!:fes:

Loki318

The main thing is, I never want to have both his hands on my shoulders while it's being done! LOL

:shock:

the mental image is quite sufficient.....

Guest S***e

LOL The thought of it brings tears to my eyes ET!!

:shock:

the mental image is quite sufficient.....