World Vasectomy Day

Ouch. NOOOOO ! Sorry I am busy that day next year. I'll be making sure that nothing sharp or no fricking laser beams go anywhere near my bits and pieces !!!!

But it certainly has its importance in the world for sure !!!! Just not mine.

• Like 1

Cool, thanks for sharing!

I caught a part of the doc on CBC earlier by this director who is involved in this World Vasectomy Day, and I wanted to catch next time it replays. I see it's online too right now for a limited time. Definitely an interesting concept which could make a pretty big difference around the world! Especially since a vasectomy is a rather minimally invasive procedure, compared to the alternatives.

The Vasectomist:

http://www.cbc.ca/passionateeye/episodes/the-vasectomist

WriteOn, Emily is spot-on here.

As she initially suggested a vasectomy for a male is a very basic procedure, especially compared to the female alternatives. If a couple is no longer interested in having children and want a permanent solution, a vasectomy is indeed way more straightforward and safe than tubaligation, etc. I know people that have taken longer to recover from a trip to the dentist! :)

Been there done that.....got the the tshirt. Peace of cake really in at 9:00 back in the office at 11:00. and much easier than what a woman would got through. I was so paranoid at with the shaving aspect that I was shaved from my nipples to my kneecaps, my Doc thought that was pretty funny :)

Peace

MG

Uh... yeah, we're talking about a vasectomy here, not castration. :) No need to clutch your balls, recoil, and burst into tears at its mere mention!

It's a pretty trivial procedure, particularly since for men the part they need to get to is dangling outside the body cavity already, perfect for easy access.

The procedure is painless, in and out in 30 mins or less.

I was back to work that day.

Additional Comments:

Say What? Let's get a scalpel and start cutting around your vagina and see if you consider it "minimal".

Are you serious?

Actually Emily J is right. It is minimally invasive for a male to have a vasectomy. When my father had it done in the late 80's he went in to the doctor's office in the morning, and went to work in the afternoon. He had no problems what so ever.

As I would like to have more children, I will not be getting one done any time soon.

It's different for everyone. Is it traumatic? Not at all. Is it painless? Not at all. I wasn't back at work for a couple of days, but the peace of mind afterwards is worth it. Would I recommend it? If you want no more offspring, absolutely. Wanna chuckle?

I went in for mine a few years back. I went into the operating room (they put you under back then), laid down, looked up, and knew every fucking woman in the room. I used to ride a school bus with two of them, used to ride the daughter of the head OR nurse, and my wife was a nurse at the same hospital at the time. that was bad enough, but it gets better. Been in an OR lately? They keep it cold, for sterility purposes. What happens to a penis when it's cold? I rest my case...........just shoot me, please.