Have you ever been turned down because an SP knew you?

Well, I experienced something that was unexpected and a little unnerving.

I attempted to book a date with a lady and following her request for verification information I supplied my real name, my age, a bit of a physical description, my phone number, my place of employment etc. Based on her information and photos there was only one lady that I knew who might happen to fit the description and based on my knowledge of her life I deemed that it was unlikely to be her so I requested an appointment.

After about 20 minutes I receive a message back, saying thank you for the lovely message however based on the information you provided I'm fairly certain that I know who you are so to maintain appropriate discretion I think we should pass on meeting.

I find myself a little freaked out by this set of circumstances but at the same time I'm like "holy fuck" and I'm left searching my brain to try to reconcile if it's possible based on what I know about this woman. I'm kind of thinking now it would have been better if she'd just have said,"Sorry, due to scheduling issues I'm unable to accommodate you request for a date". Just leave it at that, she might know but leave me in the dark on the matter.

If anyone else has had this happen or has anything to share on the matter feel free to contribute.

Guest realnicehat

Certainly your mind might have been more at ease if she had simply said it was a timing issue but what would she say the next time? She had no reason to believe you wouldn't try again at another time so I'm guessing she'd rather nip it in the bud now.

As far as being freaked out, what do you really have to worry about? She has no reason to out you. It is equally as worrisome to provide your real contact information to any stranger in the industry. I would think that one who may know you is the least threat to you. If you are willing to trust this information to any professional lady in the business (and why shouldn't you?) then why worry that this one knows who you are?

If discretion is her concern then she likely wants as little attention drawn to her as you do to you. So breath easy, you're in no danger. And honestly, it might be kind to fun to wonder for the next little while as you cross paths with the many women in your life.

I think she dealt with it appropriately. If there was just a scheduling issue you'd likely want to make another appointment, so it would just be putting off the inevitable.

Move on and simply put it out of your head. She's wisely avoided a potentially awkward situation that would be complicated for both of you. If your lives intersect on a regular basis, though, you'll need to think carefully about how to deal with the next time you meet her, just to ensure both parties expectations of privacy and discretion are respected.

Porthos

• Like 2

Guest webothscore

Based on her information and photos there was only one lady that I knew who might happen to fit the description and based on my knowledge of her life I deemed that it was unlikely to be her so I requested an appointment.

Hi NLWC,

Something that comes to mind with this specific statement is asking a question to eliminate the possibility of knowing the SP. Not something that would wierd her out but something specific enough that would eliminate the possibility. I am sure she would understand you trying to a avoid a wierd situation for both parties. Have a great day.

I find myself a little freaked out by this set of circumstances but at the same time I'm like "holy fuck" and I'm left searching my brain to try to reconcile if it's possible based on what I know about this woman. I'm kind of thinking now it would have been better if she'd just have said,"Sorry, due to scheduling issues I'm unable to accommodate you request for a date". Just leave it at that, she might know but leave me in the dark on the matter.

If anyone else has had this happen or has anything to share on the matter feel free to contribute.

Yes I agree. If I were in that situation and felt that I knew who you were, I would go out of my way to make sure you didn't know that we knew each other.

If someone tells you that they know you, of course it's only going to be natural to be wondering who it is and I don't think an SP would want to find herself in this situation.

Instead I would find an excuse to bow out of the encounter and leave it at that hoping they'd never try to book again. lol.

I've had it happen where someone came to the door and I could see them from afar. I had to get my friend I worked with to decline the appt. He ended up seeing her instead which was a relief.

Her decision was appropriate IMHO. You don't know where you know her. But she could be a co-worker, maybe she works for you, or you work for her, maybe she is family, a neighbour, ex-girlfriend, any number of possibilities. And an encounter could complicate both your lives, and put both of you outside of your comfort zones.

You may also, if an encounter did get scheduled, when you met the lady, be equally uncomfortable, and then wish in hindsight you never contacted the lady. Her decision is probably the best for both her and you, even if you will never know why she declined the encounter

Don't worry about your personal information, companions are discrete, and your information is her secret she will keep, if for no other reason than she wants to keep it discrete that she is a professional companion

A rambling

RG