Pot Smoking Mountie Can't Smoke In Uniform RCMP Says

He's not refusing to go, he is unable to perform his job because of his condition and as such has been accommodated to administrative duties. If he is not replaced, that is not his fault but his employer's.

There are two separate issues here: his PTSD and inability to perform his job duties, and how he is choosing to use his prescribed marijuana in dress uniform.

I agree that turning in his reds appears to have been staged and overly dramatic, but why do you bring up the eagle feather?

Edited by Kathryn Bardot
  • Like 1

I find these stories to be incredible, no way should someone that could have some impairment of judgement be in a position where judgement can be so crucial. The officer must know these and he should realize that he should no longer be on the front line of duties. Basically he should be accommodated in some administrative responsibility and he has to know this. So, why the big parade then? Kind of proves that he is not fit for uniformed duty. Why didn't this just get discussed and dealt with internally, no idea, but I certainly can't have any respect for him taking this position.

Hardly surprising, he forced their hand and they did what they had to do. Maybe smarter to have sat down and discussed the issue and arrived at a solution both parties could agree on. You can't win a challenge in this situation, and one should know better.

He probably could have been put on administrative duties, now looks like put on medical leave.

Is it just me, or has this story had more traction in the news then Justin Trudeau admitting he smoked pot and his views on pot? If anything the concern of his health and PTSD has been some what neglected, over him wearing his uniform, which he brought the unwanted attention to himself and the RCMP.

Hope he gets his full medical discharge, without any issues, or I'm sure we will be reading more about this story.