Ottawa Cash Hotels

I've used Hotwire with a credit card for an initial deposit, then paid cash when checking out. I live in Ottawa and had no problem. I've booked the Radisson, Marriott, Lord Elgin, Extended Stay Deluxe, Crown Plaza this way.

I've used priceline for the Crown Plaza I think it was and was not allowed to pay cash upon check out, I was told it was prepaid on my credit card. Piss me off. Not sure if that's a Crown Plaza thing or Priceline? I'm going to find out soon and will be back to you!

I've never had a problem because I live in Ottawa......but this was all in 2009, but like I said I'll report back soon with some new info.

I've used priceline for the Crown Plaza I think it was and was not allowed to pay cash upon check out, I was told it was prepaid on my credit card. Piss me off. Not sure if that's a Crown Plaza thing or Priceline? I'm going to find out soon and will be back to you!

That's strange. I went there one time and paid cash on my way out for the incidental charges. I always avoid using my credit cards if I don't have to. If the room is already paid for and they already have your credit card number on file for the deposit then you should be able to choose the method of payment upon checkout for incidentals/charges to the room. Many hotels have different policies. Some better than others.

Well I used Hotwire to book a hotel, got the Crown Plaza of course! I showed up and asked to pay for the room with cash, was told no way....that it was prepaid on my credit card with Hotwire and cash was not an option. Piss me off...again. Last time I used Hotwire (2009) I think I was in the Marriott and I was able to pay cash for the room.

I WAS told I could pay a cash deposit for incidentals or whatever, but I didn't bother.

I don't like the credit card thing so no more Hotwire for me unless I get one of these prepaid credit card things.

Well I used Hotwire to book a hotel, got the Crown Plaza of course! I showed up and asked to pay for the room with cash, was told no way....that it was prepaid on my credit card with Hotwire and cash was not an option. Piss me off...again. Last time I used Hotwire (2009) I think I was in the Marriott and I was able to pay cash for the room.

I WAS told I could pay a cash deposit for incidentals or whatever, but I didn't bother.

I don't like the credit card thing so no more Hotwire for me unless I get one of these prepaid credit card things.

I believe Hotwire is like Priceline where you have to prepay the room online without a refund if you have to cancel. The basis for these web sites is hotels sell off unused rooms at the end of the day so by having a customer pay for it on the internet, they are still making their money whether or not the customer shows up.