Discretion...yeah right!

So it has been a little while since I started this thread and the response has been...well interesting. So here it is another interesting situation, I have received various PMs, etc. from people I have NEVER talked with before requesting that I provide the service providers name! Remember "never" being the key word here. So you can probably imagine my conflicting points of view on this. On the one hand I would LOVE to share that information. On the other hand, and I believe my better hand, my sense of confidentiality and over all common sense. So please I can not share that information...especially with people whom I have never spoken to or with prior! Am I right or am I wrong? I would like your thoughts and opinions on this.

I agree with your gut on this one Stevecurious. This isn't a place for public bashing. I just hope that the offending sp is a member of cerb so that they have seen the thread. Most of the lady's here seem to understand that this was inappropriate. (and if they didn't before than you have given them something to think about at least).

Yeah I've had something like this happen before. Its a funny situation when you think of it. Here you are...a guy...who had made the initial contact 'first'...exchanged some $$...played...then went your separate ways.

Now here she is contacting you 'out of the blue'. I think in such a situation that "I" should be the one expecting to get paid in such circumstances,lol. Seriously...

The worst thing I ever saw, was an SP from this site who wrote a mass e-mail to a bunch of their clients on hotmail. "BUT" they didn't 'bcc' it, so everyone could see everyone else's e-mail. A few problems with that....

(1) Must have been 40 e-mail addies there...ladies...we know your seeing other guys but we don't need to know how many...it totally deflates the appeal.

(2) Some of these guys were foolish enough to use emails that had their real names in it. Or worse yet, they used their work e-mails. I'll never forget the one I saw that had "@dnd.gc.ca"...that guy could easily lose his job for using his work email for this kinda activity.

Like you said people you have never talked to. I wouldn't give out the info.

I was asked who are top sp's to book with. I was uncomfortable in supplying names to a stranger.

So it has been a little while since I started this thread and the response has been...well interesting. So here it is another interesting situation, I have received various PMs, etc. from people I have NEVER talked with before requesting that I provide the service providers name! Remember "never" being the key word here. So you can probably imagine my conflicting points of view on this. On the one hand I would LOVE to share that information. On the other hand, and I believe my better hand, my sense of confidentiality and over all common sense. So please I can not share that information...especially with people whom I have never spoken to or with prior! Am I right or am I wrong? I would like your thoughts and opinions on this.

SteveC I agree with your 'better hand' - you're right not to share the name of this SP. It goes back to one of Emma's comments, and the board motto - if you can't say something (anything) nice ... don't. This qualifies as a don't, even if it means that you're not providing a public service. Discretion is, in this case if not always, the better part of valour.

• Like 1