Toronto and Ottawa Hotels

My flight are all booked for my tour this month to Ontario, I am just in a bind at which hotels to choose!

In Toronto I would like be downtown and have been recommended the The Grand Hotel, Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel and the Sutton Place.

In Ottawa, NO IDEA!

I do like a jacuzzi suite based hotel room, no key cards required in the elevator, and central to ameneties!

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me!

xxoo

Bobbi Victoria

www.ravishingbobbivictoria.com

NewBobbi4.jpg

The Westin is central and reasonably upscale in Ottawa, Bobbi. I've seen an sp or two there.

In ottawa also you have the crown plaza, you have a really big hall and also what I like about this hotel is that there is tim hortons on the side connect to the hotel, so it's easy access and always good when you have a munchies at 3:00am:smile:

There are key cards needed for the westin (after either 9 or 10 I think). There is the Lord Elgin that would be good as well, no key cards needed in the elevators but I don't know if they have jacuzzi suites.

Posted via Mobile Device

The Marriot is central and very SP friendly. Easy access without even going through lobby if you know what you are doing. Book on Hotwire or Priceline and get great deals particularly on weekends. But remember Winterlude is coming.

Very hard to find Jacuzzi suites in downtown core. The Days Inns in Bell's Corners and Hunt Club have them. I understand the Chimo does as well. Best Western Victoria Park has them as well.

Crowne Plaza - Some of the floors require key card access after a certain time.

The Albert/Bay goes into lock down mode after a certain time at night and require to be buzzed in by the front desk.

Minto Suites - Discreet entry, Not sure about jacuzzi suites (They use to)

Victoria Park Suites - I believe they have jacuzzi suites but not sure about security measures.

The Marriot is central and very SP friendly. Easy access without even going through lobby if you know what you are doing. Book on Hotwire or Priceline and get great deals particularly on weekends. But remember Winterlude is coming.

What Marriot are you referring to, there are 2 in the downtown core!?

Many thanks

Ok, here is my dilemna!

I have 2 hotels booked for Ottawa!

One is by the airport, the other, right by the Parliament.......

One has a jacuzzi, the other is really close to all amentities.

Which is more practical for gentlemen to get too!?

I am aiming for the business men crowd (daytime) and am thinking the dwtn Hotel would be best......

But I do like to spend some time in a jacuzzi, and the airport location has that!!

LOL, HELP!

Out of the way? So from Kent/Queen/Elgin streets back over to Bronson, down the Airport parkway takes how much time? oh yeah about 20 minutes tops.

The down town Hotel core-issues parking, unless of course you are working and then walk from work and over to a Hotel.:shock:

I said this in another thread Ottawa is so easy to get around, you guys make it like Ottawa is so difficult to drive around like a Toronto or Montreal.

I like jacuzzi play :boobeyes::69:

I'll second Cato - airport is really out of the way...

I'm sure the walking is great, for yourself and other gents that work in the downtown core, it makes it easier for yourselves.

My opinion is that, gentlemen that wish to visit a touring provider will go where ever they are staying, and the fact is Ottawa is such an easy city to commute to and from.

We like to have our own preference of visiting Hotels but it is lastly up to the provider. I never think that location is a stumbling block for myself while visiting a lady in town.

Absolutely, Pete, but I was also thinking of our visitor's convenience of having facilities, clubs, restaurants, close by.

Damn, both Pete and Cato are right. The place she has booked most likely is the Days Inn. Without a car, she is limited to the Tim Hortons and the Keg within easy walking distance. The Royal Oak is close enough but not sure I would want to walk it in winter. However does have a jacuzzi, and is not far from downtown, and is it fairly accessible to anyone with a car.

Downtown, easy walking distance during daytime, is on transit, and lots of bars and restaurants.

Which one would be better? Flip a coin.

Thanks canuckhooker, I don't think it is the Days Inn, as I don't believe they have suites with a jacuzzi, but I could be wrong. You are correct in flipping a coin by either area.By the airport everything would need to be by cab, such as dining, shopping etc.

The vast construction of new malls, restaurants, in each end of the city gives everyone a lot of choices.

I thought I read a while back that Ottawa has the most restaurants to population size.

Lastly here is another great dining restaurant tucked in the south end as well.

The south end also has (by cab) very fine dining at

http://riverside.vittoriatrattoria.com/

Unless Bobbi rents a car while she's in Ottawa, or just stays in her hotel, it's a $30.00 cab ride each way from the airport every time she wants to go into town.

I much appreciated it! Any chance you know the rates? Lol...:-D I completely forgotten about that 1 in Bells Corners!

Nope the Days Inns (Airport and Bells Corners) both have Jacuzzi suites. Damn, I sound like I did some research. :lol: