Congratulations on your first CERB milestone. From the giggle I got when you said how your ID come about so all the comments on information you post about your local places and ladies. Winnipeg is really taking off lately and you are part of that reason. Keep it up!

Guest c**io**m7

I would like to recognize two members, not so much for enlightening posts but how I personally have experienced their contributions to the "community" aspect of Cerb.

First:

Midnite-Massage. I have said it before, she singlehandedly helped me keep my spirits and optimism up while in the hospital in December. And for those of you who don't know this, we have never met. She recognized that a fellow member needed encouragement and she gave her time and caring without hesitation. I will never forget this.

Second:

Phaedrus. I have had a great deal of turmoil in my personal life these last couple months. I am the type of guy who isn't afraid to show his emotions and I have shared some of my deepest feelings and experiences in some of my posts. Phaedrus reached out and offered up the idea of meeting for a beer, shoot the shit and get a few things off my chest.

To both of you, my deepest thanks and a heartfelt recognition for your incredible personalities and selfless gestures.

Guest Miss Jane TG

I really admire Midnite-Massage, she started a poll about the subject of the recognition threads. The majority was in favor of continuing with the status quo and a recognizable minority was against the recognition threads. However, she came up with this mid-way solution in recognition of the opinion of the minority.

Edited by Miss Jane TG

There are many that stand out and who should be recognized I think and deserve continued thanks and appreciation for their contributions here, for their insight, intelligence, ability to voice an objective and understanding opinion, who don't pick sides, who are wise beyond words and who's posts I enjoy reading. these are the ones at the top of my list:

Cat-A woman who knows how to put things into perspective. I think I know what I'm talking about when I respond to a thread until I read her response. She truly "gets" it and causes me to think again, to look at things in another way, usually the right way. To her I thank, admire and always look forward to reading her responses. I just wish she would post more:)

Tracie-Midnight-like Cat, she has a way with looking at things fairly, with understanding and has never imo passed judgement. She could teach us all something imho:)

Mightypen-just a smart guy. He too can put things into perspective, always, imo has the right answer. I just admire him and respect his opinions:)

RG- A man I feel I could tell my secrets. He makes me feel safe even though we've never met. Just a good soul, we need more like him:)

Brad-Smart, informed, fair and just a nice guy:)

Miss jane TG-Her posts are intellectual, informed, to me always valuable and worth reading.

There are many others here that are smart, informed, well spoken, and we are lucky to have them. I apologize for not naming them all as I feel they too are stand outs . But the ones named seemed to be at the top of my list. We all have something to offer and to be thankful for. What makes some different imo is how they can articulate their posts without judging, criticizing or being biased. Traits I know I don't often have and ones I envy. So to the ones I've listed- thank you:)

• Like 5

Inspirations and words of wisdom combined with sports, music and of course support for our lovely ladies gives us all something to enjoy.Thank you for all you do and congrats on your first milestone!

Notch, you transcend description but you always stand out in a crowd, entertain the masses with your sexy posts and when you have something to say, we notice. Thanks for being such a wonderfully unique person and I'm looking forward to many more sizzlers from you!

OK reluctantly I will say this,

I love our community, and I am forever giving praise to all that contribute.

The down side is, when we over look someone:(

When I made my 2000 post, I never had one person congratulate me:( I feel that something so simple can actually make a person feel low. Like all my efforts have gone unnoticed by anyone here:( I felt invisible and unimportant to CERB:(

I felt very sad for days, even now as I type this:(

I am far to humble to give a hint, or suggest that another would start one. PLEASE DO NOT DO IT NOW! I was a bit hurt that for all the love that is shared here, no one even noticed I made my 2000+ so far:(

So, I voted for NO, does not impact us:(

• Like 4

When I made my 2000 post, I never had one person congratulate me:( I feel that something so simple can actually make a person feel low. Like all my efforts have gone unnoticed by anyone here:( I felt invisible and unimportant to CERB:(

I am far to humble to give a hint, or suggest that another would start one. PLEASE DO NOT DO IT NOW! I was a bit hurt that for all the love that is shared here, no one even noticed I made my 2000+ so far:(

You have been a hugely important member of this community, and I for one, am mortified that we allowed your accomplishment to be overlooked.

But your post is also a very important reminder, that the proliferation of "milestones" and congratulatory posts/threads, can have the effect of making people who have made important contributions, feel left out and excluded.

You have always been, for me at least, a true CERB goddess, and a wonderfully sensitive, genuine, and honest member of this board. Your contributions have been so very important.

Much love to you. And definitely hugs and kisses.

xoxo

Porthos

• Like 4

Haven't been around much lately....but very nice thread Tracie. You have very much become a person..... a staple that does her best to hold this CERB place together here and keep it a happy place in times of need. Cause you care !! and you have a big heart. Kudo's babes !!! xoxo

• Like 2

Guest Miss Jane TG

Suite Escapes, your post is very genuine and honest. CERB is merely a representation of our life generally. There are groups, lobbies etc. but what really matters is that if your are deep inside satisfied with yourself. If you can look at the mirror for 5 seconds and not spit on your mirror image.

There were many great people in our humanity who led a miserable life and were ignored in their lifetime. If your previous posts were truly helpful, then they would have the intended effect. Please remember, there is a larger audience who is silent in this forum compared to the known ones who share reputation points.

Suite Escapes,

I wanted to personally say I'm sorry you felt snubbed and hurt by having your contributions go unrecognized. Please believe me when I say it was not personal.

Unfortunately, I am only one person with many responsibilities and sometimes people are missed especially if they post numerous times around the milestone. Originally I had hoped that others would join in and notice as well however that has not really happened. If I get away from it for a few days, occasionally I miss something no matter my efforts; there are a lot of members. I know this was posted to the community however it is well known I spearhead this initiative.

I'm hoping that by saying this, you feel better and from the bottom of my heart I do hope you do because it was not an intentional slight. I appreciate your openness and honesty about the situation.

It was pointed out that there are a LOT of silent members. Members who may read the threads or may simply be here to seek out companionship. There may be many who feel left out or hurt. I know in the poll, the majority enjoyed these threads but there was also a group who saw no value in it. And as we've seen, this can change based on personal bias at any point and was only a handful out of the thousands of members. So, perhaps overall, it really isn't a positive venture or instead something that looks positive on the surface but underneath is not. Duality is common it is only when the balance tips that things get questionable.

My goal is to be part of a vibrant exciting community of people who support the industry and the people behind it, whether SP or hobbyist. I have to think about what serves that goal best.

• Like 5