Moose Sex Project gets more land for lovemaking 0

Guest S*rca****sid

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/03/06/moose-sex-project-gets-more-land-for-lovemaking

When moose in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are feeling amorous, they will now have a little more room to get romantic.

The Nature Conservancy of Canada announced it's received another donation of land for its Moose Sex Project.

The project is meant to encourage breeding between Nova Scotia moose, where they are endangered, and the healthy population in New Brunswick.

The NCC has secured 410 acres in the area of the Chignecto Isthmus land bridge, and 2,000 acres across it. The Chignecto is the only route for wildlife to move in to and out of Nova Scotia. The wooded area, located along Route 16, was donated by Kenneth Lund and his late brother, Daniel Lund, of Sackville, and is in a strategic location for conservation, the NCC said.

The land donation will also provide habitat for the Canada lynx, bobcat, bear and is a stopover for migrating waterbirds.

I think it's great, they are endangered here so protecting them and trying to increase their population is a good move. Any time land is set aside for nature, I'll support it:)

Sweet geebus... You want some from NL?!!! We have way too many, there are no natural predators except for people and hunting here is on a lottery system. I rolled my car last April avoiding hitting a moose. I'm lucky as SO many people die in a moose-vehicle accident every year.

Don't get me wrong, I love them. I think they are majestic - especially given their size. But it boggles my mind that they can be endangered in one province and overgrown in another lol

Not to change the subject but last week for dinner I had venison (deer) for dinner, I wish I had some moose in my freezer so I could have some for dinner now

My mouth is watering

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y
Not to change the subject but last week for dinner I had venison (deer) for dinner, I wish I had some moose in my freezer so I could have some for dinner now

My mouth is watering

RG

Nothing like a mooseburger stuffed with pork and doused in wine and those moose roasts.Brings back memories.