Anyone following the Hannibal series on NBC? That is one dark, creepy show....but I can't stop watching it. I'm hooked. I was sceptical that it would be anywhere near as good as the original books/movies but have been pleasantly surprised so far. Certainly doesn't shy away from some pretty gruesome scenes.

• Like 2

I agree completely. I love this show. Probably one of the most intelligently written and visually stunning shows I've ever seen. Everyone who has seen it loves it. It's even topping Game of Thrones as far as critical reception is concerned. Unfortunately though it's also at risk of being cancelled due to low ratings...not enough people are watching it. Which is why I try to spread the word whenever I can :p

Personally I think it's too intelligent and ambitious for network tv. Not to mention gory. I mean lets face it, most people who watch network tv are used to seeing Dancing With The Stars and CSI Miami. Something like Hannibal probably catches them off guard. It guess it intimidates the average network tv viewer because it makes them feel a little dumb lol. It would have better success on a premium cable station like HBO, FX or Showtime. Or maybe even A & E. It would compliment Bates Motel nicely.

I'm hoping that if NBC does drop it that it will get picked up by a premium cable station. There were a few of those stations which expressed interest in acquiring it when it was on the chopping block last year too. Intelligent, thought provoking shows are right at home on those kinds of stations. Not so much on network tv...

• Like 1

I agree with you 100% Castle, great show that is very well done but in the wrong place being on network TV (NBC). If it does get dropped because of ratings I'm also hoping that it will get picked up by one of the cable networks like HBO or FX. This show has been a treat to watch so far.....and keeps getting better and better. If you haven't seen this one yet people do yourselves a favour and check it out. It's presently about halfway through season 2.

• Like 1

I too have been hooked on the Hannibal series, and was really surprised to see how well it's been interpreted for this format. Just watched the latest episode an hour ago...messed, cerebral and awesome!

This is one creepy show....and the soundtrack that plays during some of the scenes really serves to ramp things up! Although I must say I am beginning to wonder if this guy ever sleeps and why in the name of God do they keep going to his place for meals.....still an excellent show, I'm totally hooked.

• Like 2

I too have been hooked on the Hannibal series, and was really surprised to see how well it's been interpreted for this format. Just watched the latest episode an hour ago...messed, cerebral and awesome!

Totally!

I've recently had a chance to catch up on season 2; even though I enjoyed the first one, this season is just over the top crazy creepy and "out there"!

Makes me wonder about the writers and their own sanity lol

Totally!

I've recently had a chance to catch up on season 2; even though I enjoyed the first one, this season is just over the top crazy creepy and "out there"!

Makes me wonder about the writers and their own sanity lol

I've been wondering the same thing this season.....who comes up with this stuff and what must tumble around in their heads....yikes! But I'm so enjoying this show. Incredibly well done.

I've been wondering the same thing this season.....who comes up with this stuff and what must tumble around in their heads....yikes! But I'm so enjoying this show. Incredibly well done.

I've been wondering the same thing. I definitely don't like that Hannibal is now working with other serial killers. That seems too far-fetched already. But could they have casted a better Hannibal Lector than Mads Mikkelson? No way!

I believe if you enjoy watching Hannibal, you might also enjoy watching Bates Motel:

"The series, being a "contemporary prequel"[2][3] to Hitchcock's 1960 film Psycho (based on Robert Bloch's novel of the same name), depicts the life of Norman Bates and his mother Norma prior to the events portrayed in Hitchcock's film, albeit in a different fictional town ("White Pine Bay, Oregon," as opposed to the film's "Fairvale, California") and in a modern setting. The series begins after the death of Norma's husband, when she purchases a motel located in a coastal Oregon town so she and Norman can start a new life.[1][4][5]"

Another TV show I recently started watching is "The Following". I've only watched the first 3 episodes so far and even though I'm not a fan of Kevin Bacon, I am really liking it. Can't wait to see how this TV show turns out!

"The Following's first season centers on former FBI agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) and his attempts to re-capture serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) following the latter's escape from prison. Hardy soon discovers that Carroll has surrounded himself with a group of like-minded individuals, whom he met while teaching and while in prison, and turned them into a cult of fanatical killers, including his right-hand, Emma Hill (Valorie Curry)..."

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
typo
  • Like 2

I just watched the last episode of Hannibal and I don't know if it's just me who feels that way but season 2 and the last few episodes have an intense progressive creepyness psycho factor that is somehow making me feel "uneasy" (can't think of a better word to describe my feelings).

Don't get me wrong, I love the show and will watch more episodes out of curiosity but damn, they are doing a great job at creeping me out lol

A-Hannibal_zps605d38de.jpg

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
typo

I saw Hannibal the movie in the theater and when the doctor cut into the detective's brain, sauted a piece of it and served it to him all while at the same table and somewhat conscious I was the only one in the theater who laughed out loud! I just thought that was just the creepiest. Then when I saw they made Hannibal into a series I was skeptical, but was not deterred from watching ... OMG! Creepy hour after hour after hour. A psycho-lover's wet dream.

I didn't think it would be possible, but I'd have to say Mads plays a better Dr. Lecter than Anthony H.

I'm all caught up now and really enjoying it. The creep factor is definitely turned on and Will and Hannibal play perfectly together. Considering what the show is about I find it really interesting what in fact plays on you specifically as psychologically difficult. You know that psycho shower type scene that stays with you as time goes by.

Good news for all you fellow Hannibal followers...NBC has renewed the series for a third season. The creepiness continues....yes!

• Like 2

Good news for all you fellow Hannibal followers...NBC has renewed the series for a third season. The creepiness continues....yes!

:bddog: :bddog: :bddog: ... YEAH!!!

I know!! I had stopped watching at episode 4 of this season because it was getting TOO good! I didn't want to get too into it only to have it get cancelled. I think I would have lost my mind (no pun intended lol). So now that I know it's been renewed I've been binge watching the rest of the season today :p

All caught up! :) One thing I find interesting is how much is being changed from the original novels. I'm not complaining though. It keeps me on my toes lol. But the plan is for the first 3 to 4 seasons to be original....and to use the last 3 seasons to adapt Red Dragon, Silence of The Lambs and Hannibal. It'll be interesting to see how they do that considering how much they've already changed.

Not to mention that I don't think they have the rights to the Clarice Starling character (not yet anyway)....so it'll be tricky to work around that.

• Like 1

I'm hoping they stay original as long as possible but still loosely tied to the Harris novels. Thinking it will be difficult to tie in to the original novels and continue from there but hey that could be prolonged for at least another season or so. Creep factor should only increase now that the Mason Verger character is getting developed more. Love the references to his father and his upbringing as a child and his sessions with Hannibal are particularly entertaining. The writers are going to have an enjoyable time bringing him more and more into the series next season. Can't wait.

Wow....quite the season finale. Season 3 should be interesting to see just who survived and continues the hunt for Hannibal. Had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I'll definitely be watching it again. This show is so well done. Hard to believe it is on network television. Kudos to NBC. Can't wait for Season Three!

I. Hate. CLIFFHANGERS!! Gah! I can't believe I have to wait almost a whole year (probably until April 2015) to find out what happens next!! Grrr....you'd think I would know better by now....I should just wait until shows are finished their entire run before watching them lol.

I am glad we'll probably be seeing more of Gillian Anderson next season though. Always been a fan of hers and she's awesome in this.

• Like 1