An Interesting Article On Casual Sex And Slut-Shaming

That's just the point of the article. That by making women feel guilty for casual sex, the men are actually getting less of it. You can't subjugate women for having casual sex and then expect them to have casual sex with you. Duh!

• Like 3

I have never understood why people do this. I don't even like that four letter word. We are all supposed to be equals. What is acceptable behaviour for men should also be acceptable behaviour for women.

I don't think it is anybody's business how sexually active a woman is, or men for that matter.

We are all sexual creatures so we should be able to express our sexuality as we please -- provided we are not doing harm to ourselves or others.

We live in a society where up-to-date sexual health information is easily available. As well as a wide variety of contraception methods. Educate yourself on both and stay up-to-date.

Play safe and have fun. :) IMHO.

• Like 1

I love the last line of the article: "When the slut-shaming stops, everyone is likely to get laid more." This should be self-evident.

The whole discussion takes me back to when I was initially exploring my place in the sexual world way back in the last century. Past of the educational process was you were looking for two types of girls. The ones that would "put out" and the ones you'd take home to mother. The two groups were mutually exclusive.

The girls who, for whatever reason, enjoyed exercising their sexuality in a way known to the public were ostracized by the "good girls" and were to be avoided by the "good boys". The Good Boys, of course, were always looking to hook up with the slutty girls - just in a way where they wouldn't get caught.

Some of us skipped school the day they were teaching that so instead, we grew up treating women as equals in all ways, including sexuality. So we missed out on the whole seduction thing and the "getting her to go all the way" game.

Instead, in my formative years and all the years since, I've had a steady stream of sexual partners all of whom came into the encounter willingly and hopefully came away feeling they were treated fairly.

Today, when I'm driving mixed gender groups on their nights out, I hear what some of the guys say to each other and observe how they treat the women in the group and give my head a shake.

I've seen this movie before.

• Like 1

The good news is that the world is changing and women's sexuality is becoming more accepted.

I appreciate that the change is not happening nearly fast enough but this is in fact a huge cultural change. I am 54 and grew up in a world where women were supposed to be sweet and wholesome and any woman who demonstrated her sexuality was looked down upon. In a relatively short time frame women have rightly claimed their own sexual identity... the role models that today's girls see on TV and in the news are significantly different than 30 years ago.

In addition the boys if today are being raised by women who are way more comfortable with their sexuality then generations in the past and I think this will have a huge impact as these boys become men.

Bottom line the double standard that has existed is finally starting to change and it's about time.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1