Membership Termination

How long should it be between logins before the membership gets terminated? The reason I am asking is because we see on the main page the albums of lots providers that have not even logged in since putting up the album, I recently saw two today that goes back to May of 09 and another from June. This I feel is taking up space and if they don?t want to participate and all they want do is advertise then I think we should all get together and come up with a time frame and ask the MOD to see if it?s possible to have them removed.

If they ask to be removed I remove them and if the person has not logged in within 3 years the accounts do get purged... but I have no policy in place (at this time) for anything else.

thanks MOD but do you think 3 years is a bit much, I was thinking 9 to 12 months. Lets see what the other think.

Can't say I care. The one thing that is somewhat annoying is clicking on a link to a picture and you cannot access it due to user suspension. Might be better to prevent suspended users pics from appearing in the random gallery on the main page. Very minor annoyance though.

Posted via Mobile Device

How long should it be between logins before the membership gets terminated? The reason I am asking is because we see on the main page the albums of lots providers that have not even logged in since putting up the album, I recently saw two today that goes back to May of 09 and another from June. This I feel is taking up space and if they don’t want to participate and all they want do is advertise then I think we should all get together and come up with a time frame and ask the MOD to see if it’s possible to have them removed.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?u=18635

Suspended and no login since Aug 2008 - yet the pics rotate.

Note: Their listed Website is no longer existing, therefore I would assume they are out of the biz.

The photo system is a ADD ON application (Plug in) and is not actually part of the vb system that runs the site. A third party created it and made it available for free as a community application for people who run this software.

Because of this it is not tied in properly to the core database in a way that it knows when a ad is suspended or not.

I agree it should remove the photos from the Rotation but it doesn't (We have to take the good with the bad sometimes - having this "Fixed" would be costly and not worth it for the small annoyance it sometimes causes)...

now... we do have members who take a year or two off the site and come back so purging members who have not logged in within 3 years would probably be bad and I don't have the time to go through all the profiles and remove photos of people who have not logged in (Way too much work to do that)

If I purge old members another thing needed to be considered is that if the person has posted and we purge the old members the post entries get marked as "Guest" so we have no idea who originally posted the comments so purging old members with posts is something I don't really like to do (When I purge old members I only purge them if they have under 5 posts and have not logged in for over 3 years).

P.S. I deleted the profile and photos BownChickaBown mentioned as they will not be coming back. If you find profiles like this just let me know (PM me the link) and I can remove the photos or the profiles.

Guest s******ecan****

When I'm checking a profile I look to see when the most recent activity is. If its more than a few months I don't bother attempting to contact so the fact they are around for at least 3 years doesen't bother me.

I see Valleyman's name is no longer hope he is ok was great cerbite lots of contribution to the board and good friend if he is gone he will be missed

Whenever I check the board, I am like scottthecanuck, I verify the statistics portion of the person's profile to determine when s/he was last on the board. If over a certain period, then I do not contact. I understand the Mod's point of view that it is nice to keep a clean board but all that housekeeping can be tedious. S/he needs to also have some fun!!! :D