Joannie Rochette (my hero)

Joannie Rochette's bronze metal performance tonight only days after the death of her mother was one of the most inspiring things I may have ever seen. As someone who is also dealing with a family tragedy I cannot image where she got the strength to compete and succeed at the elites level in the world.. I am sure her mother is very proud of her.

The Canadian Olympic Committee should forge a uniqur, one of a kind gold medal just for her. Tremendous spirit and emotional fortitude.

Considering her personal distractions that took major focus to pull off - so congratulations and sincere condolences to her.

Congratulations to all our athletes for their super performances in Vancouver and giving us yet another reason to celebrate being Canadian!

Her courage is an inspiration to all...

Canadian figure skater Joannie Rochette and Slovenian cross-country skier Petra Majdic, both Olympic bronze medallists, have been named the joint recipients of the Vancouver 2010 Terry Fox Award.

The award, created by the Fox family and Vancouver Organizing Committee (VANOC) for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games, is in honour of the athletes(s) who best exemplify the type of courageous and selfless qualities that Fox did during his cross-country run for cancer.