Cancellations -- A "Guarantee" Proposal

There is currently another thread discussing the unfortunate topic of cancellations. In fact, it comes up on a pretty regular basis as a persistent problem for both the ladies, for whom time is one of their most precious assets, and for the guys, who sometime plan way ahead for these visits, rent hotel rooms, etc. In both cases, minimally the parties are out time and money, and in some cases the people involved start to question their self-worth (smile).

I have a suggestion that could benefit both parties ? it ultimately an honor system, but the cerb forum could be used as a bit of leverage (of course, with the Moderator?s approval).

Here?s how it could work:

1. The cerb member (probably an established member with a few months posting history) books an appointment using his cerb name via PM. At the time of his appointment, he offers a ?Cerb No Cancellation Guarantee.?

2. The lady (also a cerb member) acknowledges the Guarantee and states that the appointment is ?firm? or something like that (no pun intended ? wellll, maybe a little).

3. Under the terms of the Guarantee:

a. Appointments cancelled by a client with less than a 24 hour notice incur a 25% cancellation fee to the client based on the time booked, but no more than a total of a full hour of the lady?s time. Appointments cancelled with less than 12 hours notice, and no-shows, incur a 50% cancellation penalty, with no cap.

b. Appointments cancelled by the ladies work the same way, but in reverse and are not paid in cash, but in credits toward a future visit with that lady.

4. Non-paying clients and non-credit-giving ladies can be cited on cerb if they do it more than twice until the problem is resolved. No one is going to want to be on that list for long.

In order to get the guys interested, I suggest that the ladies offer a discount or a bit of extra time for the guys willing to sign up for the Guarantee.

The point behind the guarantee is to get a bit more stability for the ladies, and to offer the guys an incentive (discount) to help the ladies out. I just threw the numbers and hours out there ? maybe the ladies have other suggestions

• Like 1

To be frank, cancellations haven't really been a problem with me. I do get cancellations, but they are generally at least 1-3 days in advance. I request people schedule with me in advance, so I understand that it is harder to keep an appointment the earlier it is booked.

In my time, I've had 2 "no-shows". One was inconsiderate and rude, the other met me to pay me my full fee. I took half of it. Although I had one bad experience, considering the numbers of clients I've seen, it's really not that bad!

I've personally only canceled once due to a medical emergency with one of my pets who ended being put to sleep. It was a very difficult decision for me to make, but I needed to be with my pet and I knew that I could not provide a high level of service under that stress. The client was extremely kind and understanding during this time, and even asked me if there was anything he could do to help with my situation!

So in conclusion, I wouldn't be interested in such a system. I hold myself to a high standard in keeping appointments, and I find the majority of men that I see in Ottawa do the same.

Megan

A novel concept but...I just don't think it will fly.

From a ladies perspective, the good ones already stick to their appointments and when they do cancel it is generally understood there is a valid reason. I would hate to see a sp feel obligated to take less money or give extra time after postponing a session to look after a sick kid or something like that.

For the guys - well, cancelling on short notice is a huge pain in the ass for the ladies, but the good gents are respectful of this as well. And going back to using a sickness analogy, it is possible a guy could feel something coming on yet since they have a tight budget for this activity, they might avoid cancelling so can get their money's worth and don't appear on any list.

On top of these types of situations, someone impartial has to keep track of it and I would assume mod is busy enough. Inevitably, there will be disagreements and hurt feelings at some point as well.

Ladies that cancel frequently already lose business and get a bad reputation through word of mouth already. The guys that do it will be discovered and ignored.

I have never cancelled before this year and then did it twice within a month. One time it was the day of due to illness with someone I had a good relationship already. The other was 2 days in advance with someone else who I missed and really wanted to see again, but as the appointment grew closer I was breaking down mentally and knew it wasn't a good idea. I would not have been good company and that isn't something I want to inflict on another person, regardless if I'm paying for it or not.

So again, really don't think this will go anywhere.

Guest W***ledi*Time

I applaud the spirit behind this proposal.

Enforcement would be very problematical, however. I'd rather try to administer a snake-pit. It opens the (currently closed) Cerb door to

"he-said, she said" troublemakers.

Sure, the PMs that set up the booking would be a comparatively simple matter of record. But how could any third-party moderator determine the real facts about exactly what took place, and which side bears responsibility for, the actual cancellation/no-show? Or even if there was a cancellation/no-show at all?

The honour system works only when everyone is honourable. The ladies who might agree to participate in this system would be opening themselves to negative public feedback on Cerb, based on the say-so of dishonest members.

I think your heart is in a good place, but for me it wouldn't fly.

I don't want to feel obligated to see someone, even once, with this, I might. What if something came up, that I had no control over, and that person decides to take it the wrong way?

I have a pretty good screening process in place, and there is also the option of blocking no shows, and posting the information on various black lists.

I made a mistake in my first post. I have actually cancelled twice, but I forgot about the second time. I had arranged an appointment with a man who conducted himself like a gentleman throughout our correspondence and in my screening questionnaire.

The day before our appointment, he started sending me emails that made me very uncomfortable.... asking me what I was wearing, if I wanted to talk sex over email and demanding to see me immediately. This made me very uncomfortable and I promptly cancelled our appointment.

I would hate to feel obligated in a situation like that.

Megan

Guest s******ecan****

I too applaud the spirit but also feel it would be impractical.

I think this is a great idea, but could cause more grief.

If I cancel an encounter, it is either a personal (which is out of any of our control)or the gentleman has given me odd vibes. As Meg said I do not want to feel obligated for an encounter with someone who I dont think would be a good mesh with me.

As everyone else has stated, there are issues with this.

The reason I like this job is because I'm not obligated to see everyone who emails me. And I'm very particular.

This would require me to trust that someone who cancels will actually give me the cancellation fee and somehow I don't see that happening.

I've cancelled a bunch of times. One poor guy got cancelled on two days in a row. Shit comes up, life happens, etc.

Also, does anyone else notice they catch colds or whatever is going around more often in this business? I'd like to think that people don't come to see me when they're ill, but who knows. This year especially, I've noticed I've been down for a day or two or up to a week with random cold-type things...at least five separate times, since September.

I'd like to think that people don't come to see me when they're ill, but who knows.

Exactly. I had to cancel a session due to having a really virulent flu. It would be odd paying a cancellation fee for doing something that was actually beneficial for the SP in the long run (one appointment that was cancelled in time to find another client versus 2 or 3 days being out of action).

I doubt the cerb members canceling are really a big concern for the ladies. Sure some do it but rarely anyone who has any amount of posts and reputation on cerb so they still have nothing to loose.

Also... cerb can not be involved in any financial transactions involving the ladies and clients (In any way) ...

Keep in mind that the ladies who verify callers (Actually call the person back on the call display number to verify the phone number and do not accept appointments by email and such have VERY LITTLE problem with no shows and cancellations).

We have had a few cerb members reported for no shows (Some have lost access to cerb due to it) and most of the members know that this could happen to them but 99% of the time the member who gets banned has less than 5 posts and no reputation to worry about here (Just another reason to really screen the bookings).

Oh well (smile) ... it seemed like a good idea, especially after the revival of the cancellations thread. I'm still not sure it isn't ... at least the principle behind the idea isn't. And the principle is based on a simple proposition ... that if each side has something to lose, and to gain, maybe each side might exercise a bit more discretion in cancelling.

the spirit of the idea was good.. putting it into practice would be impossible ...

bonus points for the idea though..