Talk about smilies reminded me of the sp who always used one of those as a post icon. But the one she used, for her ads mind you, was the eye rolling one (sarcasm). If it worked for her, i guess that's the main thing, but i often wondered did she not maybe think that the 'sarcasm' icon for an advertisement may be a mixed message??

You missed the whole quote,

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence" - Oscar Wilde

^^ I agree with that guy ;)

Kim

Ahh thank you:) must have been the booze! I like him too, Dorian gray is an interesting story. Hmm,,, highest form of intelligence says he... Perhaps that's why some consider me sarcastic;)

...it explains why and what sarcasm says about those who need to use it.

From reading your original post, it sure looked like you were sending a message to others and were excluding yourself from the message you were trying so hard to convey (i.e. people who use sarcasm are insecure and need to make themselves feel better by putting down others in order to feel superior)...

... Hmm,,, highest form of intelligence says he... Perhaps that's why some consider me sarcastic;)

Now you say that some people consider you sarcastic because of the FULL quote Kim provided in her post? lol

Are you for real or was it just a sarcastic comment? Or perhaps a witty and intelligent comment? Maybe a clarification would be helpful so there are no misunderstandings (adding a :) just in case).

So which one is it, cristycurves?

Are you above sarcasm or are you not like everyone else who uses sarcasm from time to time (whether it'd be ironic sarcasm, witty sarcasm, funny sarcasm, ill intended sarcasm, etc.)?? From reading your posts-lately, I can tell you, you are not above anything (should I add a ;) here?).

If you need concrete examples, I can easily provide you with quotes of what you wrote, within context... especially to me when I dared to disagree with you (would a :( be appropriate here?).

just a note ... it might just be me (it often is lol) but I find the excessive use of smilies to be very sarcastic, especially if the comment preceding the smilie is up for interpretation.

Yes, those smilies are mostly being over-used to (try to) disguise insults. Those smilies don't change the meaning the message being sent, at all. And this is nothing new either.

Sometimes, there is room for interpretation and sometimes, the message is loud and clear. Dare to disagree with Miss CC and you will be on the receiving end of passive aggressive (and sarcastic) comments.

cristycurves, you say you like bluntness? This one was all for you. Sarcasm excluded.

P.S. How many smilies did I use in my post? Maybe I should just add a few more because, well, I am allowed to and have not reached the limit yet... ;) :biggrin: :icon_razz: :icon_cool:

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
fixing typos
  • Like 4

I love sarcasm, I use it all the time. It often makes many situation more fun. Being able to laugh at yourself and others is precious. The only time I don't like sarcasm is when it's used to antagonize someone, in that case it's bulling. I think we all have used sarcasm from time to time.

From reading your original post, it sure looked like you were sending a message to others and were excluding yourself from the message you were trying so hard to convey (i.e. people who use sarcasm are insecure and need to make themselves feel better by putting down others in order to feel superior)...

This is where subjective interpretation comes in.

is

Really Gabriella Laurence? the above quote "subjective interpretation" is yours. Now is this only to be considered when I read your posts? The fact that you assumed I was sending a message is your interpretation, your issue not mine. Should you explain your intent behind every post/ thread you write? I'm not going to. Read into it what you will! As you said we all can interpret what we read as we see fit, so fill your boots.

Now you say that some people consider you sarcastic because of the FULL quote Kim provided in her post? lol

Yes lol!! What? You haven't gotten my sarcasm? my sense of humor, sorry if it went over your head?

I'd say I'm sarcastic a lot of times and I do agree with the article and the definition of sarcasm, even when I use it! Again, you are believing and reading into this what you see fit.

Are you for real or was it just a sarcastic comment? Or perhaps a witty and intelligent comment? Maybe a clarification would be helpful so there are no misunderstandings (adding a :) just in case).

Remember it was you as well who commented about wearing rosy colored glasses and not taking everything so literally all the time, or does this also just work for you?

So which one is it, cristycurves? Not sure Gabriella Laurence which do you think it is? Did I say I never used sarcasm? Have I mentioned that I thought I was better than you or anyone else? Where does it say I'm excluding myself?

Are you above sarcasm or are you not like everyone else who uses sarcasm from time to time (whether it'd be ironic sarcasm, witty sarcasm, funny sarcasm, ill intended sarcasm, etc.)?? From reading your posts-lately, I can tell you, you are not above anything (should I add a ;) here?).

You sure are making a mountain out of a mole hill;)

If you need concrete examples, I can easily provide you with quotes of what you wrote, within context... especially to me when I dared to disagree with you (would a :( be appropriate here?).

You sure do get offended easily:) Imagine the usage of emoticons causing such hostility:( I am aware of what I write, I think you should concentrate on your writings and I on mine, or is this also a lesson that I am only needing?

Yes, those smilies are mostly being over-used to (try to) disguise insults. Those smilies don't change the meaning the message being sent, at all. And this is nothing new either.

I don't use smiles to disguise insults, I use them to show I'm joking but interpret them as you see fit.

Sometimes, there is room for interpretation and sometimes, the message is loud and clear. Dare to disagree with Miss CC and you will be on the receiving end of passive aggressive (and sarcastic) comments.

Is it, lol, Once again I guess interpretation is only used appropriately when GL says so!

cristycurves, you say you like bluntness? This one was all for you. Sarcasm excluded.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time.

P.S. How many smilies did I use in my post? Maybe I should just add a few more because, well, I am allowed to and have not reached the limit yet... ;) :biggrin: :icon_razz: :icon_cool:

I think you were okay as you'd have gotten a message to tell you other wise!!

• Like 1