Daylight Savings Time sucks!!!

What's your opinion of Daylight Savings Time?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Daylight Savings Time?

• Daylight Savings Time sucks. Get rid of it!
    • I actually kinda like Daylight Savings Time.
    • Meh, I'm easy. I don't really care either way.

Man I'm tired... I wasn't tired when I needed to go to bed, and wasn't ready to get up when the alarm went off. What's the deal with daylight savings time anyhow? Does anyone really know?

Was it for farmers, or does it hinder farmers? Was it started to help local economies and keep shoppers shopping longer? Is it really environmentally friendly and helping to conserve energy?

All I know is that I don't like it one bit. Twice a year I experience perma-jet-lag without the pleasure of travelling. It seems like I just get adjusted to the one time and we're changing it again.

How come we're always messing around with stuff like that and can't just appreciate nature doing it's thing?

I kinda like getting home while it's still light out.....I'd vote for keeping it all year round though if it's just the time change you don't like!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_savings

if you scroll down the article...I really like the cartoon of uncle Sam........Get your Hoe Ready....hehehehehe

the clock thing does not bother me......just like I have never exprianced jet-lag...and I have traveled around the world...and never get thrown off by time changes.....maybe because I never sleep........

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_savings

if you scroll down the article...I really like the cartoon of uncle Sam........Get your Hoe Ready....hehehehehe

the clock thing does not bother me......just like I have never exprianced jet-lag...and I have traveled around the world...and never get thrown off by time changes.....maybe because I never sleep........

I wish I could be like that. Dang, I feel cranky this morning:lol:

the real trick to beating jet-lag is to change your sleep patterns immediately when you get on the plane......if that is how you will travel.

even if it is 10am in the morning your time and it is 10pm the destination you are going......plan to sleep according to your destination.....that way you will be in sync.......it works...

if that fails....I tried something mentioned in Bruce Willis's movie "Die Hard" walk around on carpet and wuiggle your toes....it works.....or walk on cool grass outside and wiggle your toes........it works.....

I still havent been able to get back into the swing of things since the time change. I usually have no problem, but this time... geez louise! Good luck to the rest of you :)

I don't mind the fall change, an extra hour of sleep is always welcomed, but losing an hour always hurts for the first couple of days! I'm thankful my boss is out sick today, because I am useless at work today.. Hiding out, surfing the net on my phone..

Posted via Mobile Device

Daylight saving may or may not be a good thing to all of us. But it is here to stay at least for now. I have a proposal when advancing the clock forward. Instead of Sunday morning, time should change on Monday 1 pm to 2 pm.

No biggie for me cause mornings always suck so either way makes no difference to me.

I can get 8 hrs and be tired or 4 hrs no difference until I get some java into me ( not a colonic!)

takes me an hr to wake up either way

more light at the end of the day helps

perception is our reality

Posted via Mobile Device

I have a question about the daylite savings......in respect to morning wood.....

Now if we have advance the clocks by 1 hour does that mean your morning wood that usually appears just before you get up.........will appear about 1 hour after you are up and going?

This cold be useful if booking an early appointment......

Conversly....does that mean in the fall when we go back an hour you wil be woken up an hour earlier because you wood thinks it is the "time".....

this is not an easy time for us guys!!!!

Ha ha. It's expected that many will like the idea of working one less hour on Monday. Unless you truly love your job, you would vote against it.

If we all can get the time change out of our head, none of us will be affected by the mere an hour difference. Yes, I see it as a psychological thing.