ban on champagne rooms in ottawa?

I dunno if this is the right place to post this question or not but has anyone heard a rumor that champagne rooms were banned in Ottawa stripclubs starting July 01? I heard this rumor around but haven't been to a club in a few months? I've checked online to find any news stories about it but haven't found anything, so I'm leaning towards the notion that it's bs but don't want to waste a trip to a club and find out the hard way? Any one know for sure?

Supposedly it is the case.

I read it in the paper; in fact the ban took place 2 years ago but then, the 'strip-club association' took the matter to the Supreme Court and they were rebuffed last May, I believe.

When I heard that news, I went to some clubs but didn't see any difference.

The girls were aware of it but it was transparent for everyone.

I haven't been to a club in a while but I doubt that it changed.

Whether it's the club that doesn't want to change and wants to take the risk, or is it that the law/by-law is not yet in full effect, I don't know.

If some clubs start closing, it could very well be the cause. We'll have to wait and see.

Guest sighkologic

I wonder how clubs like Barefax will manage now!? Is there a way for them to continue with the girls "dancing"?

there was a time before champagne rooms, the girls carried and a stool and danced at your table, im guessing those days will come back, to bad... i like the privacy, but it's 100% confirmed there coming down this weekend, so guy enjoy them cause come next week there gone..

Guest sighkologic

I prefer private ...the change will make the clubs less popular I suspect.

One nice thing I like about this area is that If you can't find what you are looking for on one side of the river, all you need to do is cross one of the bridges and you will usually find it on the other side of the river.

So if you like the private dance there are plenty of clubs that still have them in Gatineau. As far as I know this is an Ontario law and doesn't apply to clubs in Quebec.

Guest AL

I don't care! I never got what i want in there and there is always a doorman around to check the girls. It's a good thing cause for me it's always been a total rip off.

I haven't been to ottawa in 10 months or so. Last time I did, I checked Nuden, Playmate and a place in Gatineau called Taboo?? (Across from Pigali's I think) while I had one great dance at Pigales cause the girl was built JUST how I love them, the other places, as always... left me disappointed... so yeah, the champagne rooms are a total waste of money, but..... why do we always keep saying "sure, I'd love a dance" lol.

I was just at the Pink Panther (now called the Cabaret Pink) last night. There sure as hell isn't any ban going on there! Nice young girls with good attitudes, ready to lap dance and let you touch all you want.

Guest AL
I was just at the Pink Panther (now called the Cabaret Pink) last night. There sure as hell isn't any ban going on there! Nice young girls with good attitudes, ready to lap dance and let you touch all you want. I hadn't been in a few years; I forgot what I was missing. See my post here -> http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=6988#post6988

Strange i have been there twice this year.I was i have never been able to liss or to touch every where i wanted. One girl didn't want me to touch her breast cause she told me her breast was brand new unfortunately, but it was nice.

Haha...breast too new!? Sounds funny!

I guess it depends on the girl and how big the wad of money they feel in your front pocket is! Mine was pretty big because I had just cashed a big cheque and had money on me for other stuff. It was bad because I did spend a little more than I budgeted for, but that's always the case isn't it!?