Who Knows About What You Do?

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the responses I got, both here and in PMs, to my question. I don't want to hijack the thread but I really appreciate all the help.

I have been in contact with another SP and have taken other suggestions to heart.

I am "out" to everyone but the people in my SOs world. That coming out is on the horizon, because I can't do it any longer. If it costs me my relationship so be it. My parents rejected me outright and haven't spoken to me about 9 years. They took my children and testified against me before a federal grand jury. And that was all the fallout. Everyone else I have encountered, family, friends and acquaintances have been good about it. Lots of questions but no judgment to my face and I really don't care what they say behind my back.

I agree with Erin, until we SPs stop the shame by standing tall with our heads held high we will continue to be forced to live in the shadows of society. I for one, have had a belly full of keeping my own secrets in the past and all it does is force me to live inauthentically. That is unacceptable to me on every level.

"Harm none, and do what ye may"

cat

Guest S**a*Q

I'm out to people I meet now, all the time, I just tell them straight up what I do... I haven't told my parents, they just don't need to know that yet, maybe one day though.

Everyone thinks that I'm perfect for my job, my personality and business sense makes them realize that I'm not someone that should hide what I do, I'm proud of what I do actually! I'm a small-business owner, period.

I did get into a conversation with some Christians that came up to me and a friend, lol.. They went over the commandments, and well, when we got to the "I shalt not commit adultery" I added that not only am I an adultress, but I also charge for it... Which makes me a prostitute :D They said that this made me a bad person, I argued that I help keep relationships together, that I use my money to help others, and that overall I'm a good person. They told me that when I got to the gates... I'd have to face the "Overall judge". I said that if God didn't want me in his kingdom, he's letting the wrong people in... Finally they just told me there was no place for sinners in this world... I interjected with "But wait, wasn't one of Jesus Christ's best friends a prostitute...?" They handed me a coin with the commandments on it and said they'd pray for me and walked away...

You can't make everyone understand what we do... but for the most part people are really cool about it!

If you believe in what you do, then no one else can tell you otherwise.

Edited by S**a*Q
Spelling booboos

Me, myself and I.....I think. I've never told anyone and probably never will. Some of my friends have told me they hobby or have affairs.

My doctor of course, he is very close friend. I regularly visit throughout the year.

I consider him a very good friend, and he feels the same, in fact we have had a couple of beers together once and have known each other for years.

What other friends then your (sex partner's) grabs your man handle to check you out to ensure you are good to go for another 3 months?:|

His reaction is- You really should try to slow down, why don't you donate your funds.:shock:

He is not disgusted with me.;)

He is a good friend, any the only 1(other then the ladies I see here) knows what I do.:mrgreen:

I'm surprized that our doctors are not mentioned at all in this thread. As for family, nobody knows and that is the way it will be for me. :)

How many of you have ever divulged your profession or hobby to friends or family? What were some of the reactions? I have a few friends who know, but only one I feel comfortable discussing things with. I'm fairly certain that my strict Catholic family would disown me if they ever found out. I'm extremely curious to hear some other experiences. I know when I told the few people that do know, it felt like I was coming out of the closet! Would they still want to be my friend? Are they disgusted by me now? Are they going to rat me out? I anxiously await to hear some of your stories.

I'm surprized that our doctors are not mentioned at all in this thread. As for family, nobody knows and that is the way it will be for me. :)

Unfortunately like most Canadians I do not have a family doctor. :-(