Okay, so I get this call this morning, and as I say hello, I hear a woman's voice in the background talking.

The caller says something to her that I don't quite catch.

I say hello again, and he says hello.

Then says something like "double double."

Huh?

I hang up.

He phones right back. I ask him about the woman he was talking to. Turns out, he's at some fast food place, ordering, AND phoning me at the same time to ask for info.

?????

Would you phone an SP for information whilst ordering at a fast food counter? Sheesh! I told him I didn't think we would get along and hung up again before he had a chance to launch into whether I do bbbj or greek.

These days, everyone seems so concerned about their online privacy, and yet, they walk around in public with their cell phones plastered to their heads, discussing everything under the sun while innocent bystanders are subjected to it.

And people wonder why I'm a homebody.

• Like 1

Okay, so I get this call this morning, and as I say hello, I hear a woman's voice in the background talking.

Huh?

I hang up.

He phones right back. I ask him about the woman he was talking to. Turns out, he's at some fast food place, ordering, AND phoning me at the same time to ask for info.

?????

Would you phone an SP for information whilst ordering at a fast food counter? Sheesh! I told him I didn't think we would get along and hung up again before he had a chance to launch into whether I do bbbj or greek.

These days, everyone seems so concerned about their online privacy, and yet, they walk around in public with their cell phones plastered to their heads, discussing everything under the sun while innocent bystanders are subjected to it

I totally understand where you are coming from. Trust me I have gotten some really weird calls at times:x

Huh?

I hang up.

?????

These days, everyone seems so concerned about their online privacy, and yet, they walk around in public with their cell phones plastered to their heads, discussing everything under the sun while innocent bystanders are subjected to it.

The absolute nerve of some people...

I had two idiot calls this morning too

I agree with you though, cause me & him wouldnt have gotten along either.

xo

Guest **ck***o***ee

You never know who is on the other end when you get a phone call but when you hear something like that it really make you think about discretion.:?

Good for you for hanging up and not going any further. I would have done the same thing hun!:!:

I had some guy call once from work...sounded like he worked in a warehouse or garage, people yelling around him etc too....I commented halfway through that it sounded very echo-y on the line and he said "oh I'm multi-tasking so I have you on speakerphone."

????????!!!!!!

instant hang-up on my end

I still remember the time you told me about the guy who called you up while he was munching on potato chips.

I am positive one was urinating when he called.

Another one, I could hear a toddler wailing in the background.

The best (or worst) one yet, was the guy who called from phone number that was for a church office.

But I am pleased to hear all of you respond the same way, shows self respect and integrity. Kudos to all of you fine ladies.

What does the GD mean?

And obviously the guy was in a Tim Horton's drive-thru, so he shouldn't be on his phone while driving anyway!

Drinking your piping hot coffee while driving is okay though, right?

What does the GD mean?

And obviously the guy was in a Tim Horton's drive-thru, so he shouldn't be on his phone while driving anyway!

GD mean God Damn ( i think :-? )

Also how do u know he was in the drive thru??

Guest Ou**or**n

Ah, reminds when I first did that a very long time ago. I was also driving a stick shift and lit up a smoke... When it was time to shift I realized I'd have to hold the cigarette in my mouth... as I did that and the smoke went into my eyes the only thought in my head was... "how the hell does Keith Richards do this and play guitar at the same time"

GD mean God Damn ( i think :-? )

Also how do u know he was in the drive thru??

:) Or "gol'darn!" too, I suppose! (These days, with all the religious wingnuts running around, I hesitate before mentioning any term that might invoke their wrath.)

My guy for sure wasn't in a drive-thru -- not unless it had one of the best sound systems of any drive-thru around. The voice quality and background noise suggested he was standing at the counter.

To Angela: yeah, I get the guys who phone on their lunch hours with food in their mouths all the time. That is so rude and uncouth. But if I were to make an appointment with one of these guys, I wonder how they'd feel if I was eating my lunch all through it.

To Angela: yeah, I get the guys who phone on their lunch hours with food in their mouths all the time. That is so rude and uncouth. But if I were to make an appointment with one of these guys, I wonder how they'd feel if I was eating my lunch all through it.

But I figured I would reply anyways :lol:

I have had some weird things happen, and the eating the lunch through it would be the least of my worries. (if he was as business like and well respected as you, I am sure he wouldn't like it one bit) One of the more memorable sessions, had a guy cutting up a rock on my desk, carding it with his costco card, and snorting it with a $20 bill:shock:

But I figured I would reply anyways :lol:

I have had some weird things happen, and the eating the lunch through it would be the least of my worries. (if he was as business like and well respected as you, I am sure he wouldn't like it one bit) One of the more memorable sessions, had a guy cutting up a rock on my desk, carding it with his costco card, and snorting it with a $20 bill:shock:

I have a zero drugs policy. I tell people flat out that if they bring drugs onto my premises, I will call the police on them.

And it's not that I'm so anti-drug -- my husband partakes of the local crops, and I did a lot of acid as a kid. I'm for decriminalization* of drugs, especially marijuana. But I can't help but notice that drugs and this business don't mix well. I worked through the 80s and early 90s, and saw so many friends, both in the business and on the client side, totally ruin their lives with cocaine. I had one too many appointments where he couldn't get it up, and it was never the coke's fault, and it never happened to him before (although it always happened, every time), and he'd get right there, then need to jump up and run to the window, because in his coke-induced paranoia, he was positive someone was out there stalking him.

Yeesh! My work life has been a lot more stable since I adopted this policy. Even if you enjoy drugs yourself, I would recommend it. The two just don't mix.

*Funny thing about decriminalization of marijuana: ever notice how many people who are for that are also for outlawing tobacco? I'll admit, I'm conflicted over it. For me, the biggest issue is people smoking around children. Frankly, I don't care if they smoke in nightclubs or restaurants -- as an adult, if it bugs me too much, I just won't go. But who protects children in their own homes?

:) Or "gol'darn!" too, I suppose! (These days, with all the religious wingnuts running around, I hesitate before mentioning any term that might invoke their wrath.)

My guy for sure wasn't in a drive-thru -- not unless it had one of the best sound systems of any drive-thru around. The voice quality and background noise suggested he was standing at the counter.

Let's try it - breakfast in bed is socially acceptable - so why not?