Ottawa Social - a meeting of the minds

Ticket sales are proceeding nicely, so thank you to those who have been in touch.

With Loneskater on vacay, some of you we know already made arrangements to pay cash on his return. For those that want to pay cash but haven't done so yet, send a message to loneskater (you can send it to me as well so it doesn't slip by this week).

To those wanting to pay by email money transfer, you can contact me. For those that have done so in the past, nothing's changed, and i check my emails regularly, so you may send it directly.

Cheers!

Guest P*rry

Mistert and Loneskater: Thank you for organizing the Social. The event is such a fun mixer of CERB members. I'll be there.

Regards,

Joseph

I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make it this time :( Thank you Mistert for keeping a spot for me.

I will definately try to make it for the Chrismas social...

I'm gonna miss you!

Bianca xxx

• Like 1

What would the start time be approximately ? I would be coming in from Toronto that day.

Thanks

What would the start time be approximately ? I would be coming in from Toronto that day.

Thanks

Socials usually start at around 7 pm and keep going until there isn't anyone left (usually 11pm to midnight depending on the night).

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I will not be attending the Fall Social due to family obligations but have already been making arrangements for the Dec Social. It was nice meeting a lot of the Ottawa crowd the last time. Have fun people!

It's official, on the ladies side, spots are sold out!!

Gents, we have one single ticket that's still up for grabs!! Don't forget, payment before September 8th confirms your spot!

What happens after september 8th, you may wonder?

I'll be hard at work making goodies for this event - yes, the brownies of old will return (many know them already :-) ) as well as, by special request, some nanaimo bars.

I'll also have some handmade gifts prepared, specifically for the ladies.

Lastly, food and drinks will be bought with our venue (venue to be confirmed a few days beforehand), as with previous events.

Cheers everyone, and i can't wait to see everyone there again!

T

• Like 1

I just moved here and would love to get out and meet members on here, but must be out of town that week. I hope there will be another social soon - is the possible December outing the same format?

I appreciate all the effort that goes into something like this...thanks!

• Like 1

I'm super excited! My first Ottawa social. I've heard many great things about them ;)

Well Yayyyy !!! Purrrhaps an inside joke .... but the social is on "Thursday" the 18th Kerri !!! not "Friday" the 18th cause there isn't one in September and you'd be a teeny tiny tad bit late ;)

I'll be there with bells on :)

Don't overdo it Megan. There is no dress code !!! One bell should be ample body coverage ! I'll ask the mod... "Mod Skates...One bell enough coverage for Megan ? " See what he comes back with ;)

Save me a spot at the bar. Looks like a plan fell together !! Cheers :chug:

Don't overdo it Megan. There is no dress code !!! One bell should be ample body coverage ! I'll ask the mod... "Mod Skates...One bell enough coverage for Megan ? " See what he comes back with ;)

Just one bell is certainly enough. After all we wouldn't want Megan's purse to be too heavy lol!

• Like 2

So, it's about two weeks until the social. I've started getting prepared.

My kitchen is set up:

test-kitchen-daytime.jpg

I've hired assistants, but i'm expecting i'll have to find somebody else soon

hellskitchen_2.jpg

Since i might have to do everything myself

hestonblumenthalsausage.jpg

And would want to avoid plumes of smoke (should i blame the nanaimo bars?)

Swedishchef218.jpg

Any volunteers?? Until then, enjoy until i see all of you (old and new friends) there!!

• Like 2

Any volunteers?? Until then, enjoy until i see all of you (old and new friends) there!!

Would love to help but I have important meetings coming up

Funny-Cartoon-people-elements-3.jpg