Booted Out of Nevada

I was a silver or gold member for long time. I missed two months due to travel and illness. He still wanted me to pay for missing months. Strange way to run a business.

It's really so simple to run a good business in this field, Eric. All you have to do is learn to be nice to your clients!

I have never been to the establishment in question (just making that clear, i.e., I'm neither Eric nor anyone working for him).

It seems to me that if you pay for a membership knowing it involves regular fees, you are paying for it regardless of the use you make of it (like any other club or a union for that matter). If you did not let them know you were travelling (for how long?) or that you later became ill, how should they know this and why should they give you a pass on your fees after the fact? Same as when you hire someone to shovel your walk, you don't refuse payment just because it did not snow last month. The person you hired was on call for a whole month and expects to get paid. If you refuse to pay what you owe, you reap what you sow. If you think about it from their point of view you'll see it's so.

• Like 1

Not sure what a Silver or Gold is (?) Could you explain and if need be, just PM me the information

Thanks and Have a Great one!

-jim

Wow, shrewd businessman. I can see why they are so successful. Have never been there, don't think I'd ever go. Just the idea that they have any info on file scares me, and the fact that the premises are easily monitored by LE or worse, fanatical moralists, just not a place I'd want my license number or photo to be picked up from.

Give me a discreet independent any day.

You make a good point.

I did ask to have the payment suspended. I did it by phone and was told I had to wait a month before it would count.

Right from the beginning he had this pay three months in advance, but it didn't count until some time in the future. The rules change and have changed to suit the proprietor.

As one might say, it's his ball, so he gets to make the rules.

In the meantime the clients go elsewhere, and the girls sit and do their nails.

I have never been to the establishment in question (just making that clear, i.e., I'm neither Eric nor anyone working for him).

It seems to me that if you pay for a membership knowing it involves regular fees, you are paying for it regardless of the use you make of it (like any other club or a union for that matter). If you did not let them know you were travelling (for how long?) or that you later became ill, how should they know this and why should they give you a pass on your fees after the fact? Same as when you hire someone to shovel your walk, you don't refuse payment just because it did not snow last month. The person you hired was on call for a whole month and expects to get paid. If you refuse to pay what you owe, you reap what you sow. If you think about it from their point of view you'll see it's so.