Would you attend a social in the West end?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a social in the West end?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (See comment)

Let me start by saying you guys do such a great job organizing the socials. With such great socials I would have no problem with a higher ticket price.

Myself although I don't live in Kanata, I do live west of downtown and think west would be a great idea. I work downtown so I have no problem in giving someone a lift from downtown to the social and since I'm not a drinker I can drive someone afterwards as well. Even if it was in the east end I'd still make my way to the social.

After missing the recent one, I'm looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

Just as general info and not necessarily for the social, I mentioned UBER in my original post. Its a service that replaces taxi and is now available in Ottawa. Here is the website link: https://www.uber.com/ They have apps for Smartphones as well!

...If the powers that be haven't managed to shut it down by then.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/two-uber-drivers-charged-over-the-weekend

On the subject of the thread, some thoughts. I'm not worried about entertainment - I've always found the people I've met at socials to be entertainment enough :) I'm fine with Kanata in principle, but I agree that ride-sharing or a bus or something would be very useful. We do, perhaps, need to do something about no-shows, especially if transport is an issue; it's not hard to overbook the social itself, but people who take up places on transport and then no-show (or drop out at short notice) will be a serious pain in the ass.

• Like 2

I would attend it. But depending on how much more it would be. I had a great time at the last social.

would also like to add that I think its a great idea that everyone should pay some sort of fee. plus totally agree with the no shows as well. some of us go to them hoping that a certain person will be there, and they don't show is some what disappointing. I understand that they may have to cancel at the last minute, but im sure in some cases they just don't bother.

• Like 1

I definitely support the idea of a December Social in the Kanata area. I find the ticket prices for Cerb socials very reasonable - a bit more would be just fine. December 4 would be a good date.

Many thanks loneskater and mistert for taking care of the organizing of all this for us!

• Like 1

I live in Kanata. So Kanata would suit me just fine. I think it would be fun to meet some like minded people in a social situation. I hope its not to dressy, I do not have a suit or a tie. :)

• Like 1

I have no issues with paying for a ticket - the more funds the merrier the social...

I'll buy you a ticket.....You pay for a ride that has actual wheels and knows where he is going and will get you there uninjured !! :/

Guest N***he**Ont**y
I'll buy you a ticket.....You pay for a ride that has actual wheels and knows where he is going and will get you there uninjured !! :/

th?id=HN.608020915346801507&pid=15.1&w=183&h=116&p=0

Surely you don't mean the Ottawa BBM Van do you Lee? Its ok for us Studly BBM Agency guys but not for the ladies!