Am I sitting too close to my TV?

Thinking of upgrading my television to a 75" jobber. Currently have a 12 year old 50inch tube tv that I'm sitting approximately 9 feet away from with no issues whatsoever. I live in an apt that is set up in such a way that that's the maximum distance I can get from my tv. The new one will obviously be a flat screen, not tube, so I figure that'll add about another foot of distance.

Anyone have any input on if 10ft is a good distance to be watching a 75" tv from? I tried looking online for the answer but no luck. Would hate to buy it, have it delivered, only to find out the picture looks like shit 'cause I'm sitting too close lol. Thanks all!

Guest S*rca****sid
Thinking of upgrading my television to a 75" jobber. Currently have a 12 year old 50inch tube tv that I'm sitting approximately 9 feet away from with no issues whatsoever. I live in an apt that is set up in such a way that that's the maximum distance I can get from my tv. The new one will obviously be a flat screen, not tube, so I figure that'll add about another foot of distance.

Anyone have any input on if 10ft is a good distance to be watching a 75" tv from? I tried looking online for the answer but no luck. Would hate to buy it, have it delivered, only to find out the picture looks like shit 'cause I'm sitting too close lol. Thanks all!

If you are doing a search online, try using Google. There are many sites that will calculated the distance for the specific size and resolution for a TV.

From the results I got, the average for a 75" tv is 10-10.5 feet. You should be within a good distance. I would recommend that you get out a tape measure and get an exact distance so you know for sure.

If you really want to make sure it's the right size for you, go down to best buy with a folding chair and set yourself up in front of the tv for a couple hours.

Guest *l**e

actually, if you draw out your room with dimensions written in, most places that sell tvs will tell you which size is optimal for your space.

Before you buy any TV check out the 4K models.

My friend got one yesterday. Wow. Brazzers in 4K.

From everything I've been reading about 4K it doesn't really seem to be worth it yet. It seems "most" movies and programming is still in 1080p format....so I think a 1080p tv would still be a wise investment for the time being. Maybe in several years when the majority of things are 4000 pixels it'll then be worth it to get a 4K tv at a lower price.

But thanks for the heads up though! Until I read your post I didn't even realize there was such a thing as 4K ......yeah I'm a little behind the times lol. But it's something to consider for a few years down the road.

And thanks to everyone else for their tips too!

55 inchers at costco today $1677 for Samsung and $1700 for LG and they have RCA ones at Walmart already.

The improvement is obvious but like you say there is not much media available. Once you see it though.... I'm waiting til Christmas 2015.

A co-worker has a Sony phone that records 4K video!