Sure enough, if you make it through October, Movember happens. The point to Movember, in case it has gotten lost in all the moustaches, is to raise awareness about men's health issues especially in the areas of prostate and testicular cancer and mental health (see http://ca.movember.com/mens-health).

• Like 3

Sure enough, if you make it through October, Movember happens. The point to Movember, in case it has gotten lost in all the moustaches, is to raise awareness about men's health issues especially in the areas of prostate and testicular cancer and mental health (see http://ca.movember.com/mens-health).

Please , let know and I will sponsor you for thus worthy cause . We can do it tomorrow.

Don't be shy a real EMT will take care of it all.

Kisses,

Katherine

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Yes after going through a recent scare I urge all men over forty to get get scoped and regular exams. It is for your own health and your families emotional health.

PSA test should be abandoned as screen for prostate cancer, task force says

Men with more sexual partners have lower risk of prostate cancer: Study

"Parent said the study's authors can only formulate a "highly speculative" hypothesis that the higher risk in men who have sex with other men may "come from greater exposure to STIs (sexually transmitted infections), or it could be that anal intercourse produces physical trauma to the prostate."

Interesting. Jack Layton was a big bicycler all his life, which meant lots of harsh pounding to his ass.

How Lycopene Helps Protect Against Cancer

Regarding the efficacy of the PSA test as a screening device, this was the subject of discussions I had recently with my family doc and a urologist.

The crux of the study is the the PSA test can give up to 20% false positives and goes on to explore the unnecessary costs in dollars and resources caused by those false positives.

Both Docs acknowledged the false-positive issue but pointed out that 20% false means 80% accurate.

What drew me into these discussions was a PSA result this year some 400% higher than last year. We all agree that any marker that changes that much is worthy of a look-see. Just as you wouldn't ignore an active fire alarm just because it's probably just a faulty battery, this change should be investigated.

We are taking the approach that there are a lot of things that could cause this that are not worth getting excited about so we're not getting worked up about it.

Once we have biopsy results we'll reevaluate how excited we should be.

I like to think of this whole exercise as my personal Movember project.

• Like 1

A simple PSA test detected my prostate cancer and according to my Oncologist certainly extended my life if not saved it.

Please support anyone doing the Movember thing. This is a very worthy cause.