I'm very new to this, and am unsure if paying for a .. is a danger zone? Can anyone shed some light on this. I've googled the hell out of it and cant find a clear answer.

Check this thread out. You will find some useful posts and other links to the many threads discussing this on cerb.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=199724

Your thread is now not found. I read through the 35 page one and my question is on effective date - so really, if I visit on 4 December I'm good; on 6 December I'm potentially going to be arrested?

• Like 1

Arrested for what? People! Read the laws, they are in plain english. Follow the laws!

If you go visit someone who is offering prostitution your taking a chance. It could be a fake ad and your being set up. Keep that in mind. When you show up if she is offering you sexual-services in exchange for money if you agree your breaking the law.

If your soliciting someone for sex or paying for it your breaking the law.

If you post after this date admitting to seeing a lady and admit you had paid for sex your admitting to breaking the law but i am not sure (no one is sure) if this is something that would ever hold up in court. Plus its very costly and very difficult to prove.

In order for the law to find out who and if you were the one to post this info the process is huge and insanely long. They would need to first gain access to the server logs (located in another country) and i believe this would require interpol (and lets face it... Thats pretty sad to get interpol involved on a long shot) then they would need to trace your ip that was used to post the comment, then they need to have the courts suopeana the isp to find out who owns the ip. This is only good if you used your own isp (free wifi everwhere makes this a longshot for law) also if you used a proxy then they would need to try to supeana that company too first and most proxies purge server logs to remove trace. Then they need to suopeana you and confiscate your computer and see if any trace exists of you being that person who used your ip to post that thread.... Following me here? They need to prove it was you at the keyboard too. How impossible is all this? Its insane to go threw all this for a john charge especially since they will probably trade a john charge for a john school visit to teach you how morally wrong it is to pay for sex.

The police hopefully will use resources in a better way, target human trafficking, pimps, streetwalkers, etc... They have many bigger fish to fry. And you know police officers, judges, lawyers, government officials, etc... Have often been found to call pros. Not saying they all do but some do and i am sure no one really wants that much investigating going on.

Most of the ladies online who post ads themselves do this business because they want to, not because some one is forcing them to. Police forces know this by now. Sure it could happen and is why we take these precautions and you may want to use different wording if you post online about your exploits if you continue to see pros. Maybe use a proxy, use free wifi, etc...

Read the laws. Don't take advise from me or anyone else... Especially online!

• Like 1