The city was going to close it down anyway to close to park and ride too many kids in the area do to the housing boom here comes some more houses 1st the track then the club

Guest *l**e

the city wanted to close it down for years (probably the last 20 years or more), but they couldn't...it was licensed and complied with all laws and regs.

It did not close one day to the next. It sold, the staff and regualr dancers were notified, they even had a final night party.

The only people who fund out by a sign on the door were people who were not there between the time it sold and when it closed. You can't expect the management to individually call every person who ever worked there.

But the city was going to appropriate the property fairly soon like the gov't can. So they sold the land for over million dollars. Approprate may be the wrong word its when the gov't takes your property like the NCC did too the 6 houses on the Rideau River.

Guest *l**e

this is absolutely untrue. the city had no plans to expropriate this property at all. Neither the former City of Aylmer nor the City of Gatineau ever made that threat or made any moves in that direction, ever. If, however the original owners had ever sold the entire business and land, the new owners would have to apply for the license to be placed in their name and the city would not have approved it.

This is yet another rumor that has been around so long, it has kind of become an urban myth with a lot of legs.

never happened...the owner sold with no pressure whatsoever

I drove by the Pink yesterday. The building is still there, the billboard type signs are still there, there is no sign on the door now. The parking lot was plowed. It almost appears to be open again. Maybe just getting ready for the tear down but it almost looks like business as usual.

Apart from that, there was a car parked by the building as I drove by on my way to see my beautiful lady yesterday. It does seem business is as usual from the look of it.