When I attempt to access CERB at my university, I'm told "your IP address is banned."

Is there any way around this? I'm at school a lot these days.

Sounds like someone in that IP range was abusing access to the site. You could use a web based proxy or something like anchorfree but a lot is going to depend on how locked down the machine in the lab are.

When your at school go to this page http://www.ip-adress.com/ and it will show your IP address. PM me the IP and I will remove it but yes, someone at your school was abusing this site if the IP has been banned.

Thank you. Just to clarify' date=' I'm using my laptop at school and not the school computers.[/quote']

The IP address will come from whichever internet supplier the University is using. By banning that specific IP address any computers hooked up to the University system will not be able to access CERB. You could ask MOD why this IP is banned. As was previously mentioned it might be because of former abuse or maybe the University requested this.

I am not an expert but the only way around this I can think of his not to be hooked up to the university internet which means you would need one of those Rocket stick sold by Rogers, bell and others. Unfortunately it comes with a monthly fee.

Just be aware that probably all websites visited when using that network will be cached. What you think is discreet, most likely isn't.

Thank you' date=' mod.

And no, I don't care if my school knows I go to CERB :)[/quote']

God I like to be in the same class as you Megan, mind you I would not get anything accomplished in class, but the thoughts...mmmm;)