Supreme Court or While You Were Sleeping

Even so, the last SCC ruling on Bedford was unanimous. These are just 2 out of 9 (is it 9?) even if they have to vote the party line, there are 7 more just as likely to decide exactly the same way they did with Bedford, which is enough.

They weren't named to the SCC -- one named to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the other to the Ontario Court of Appeal. Both are courts along the way to the SCC, and both decisions, as we saw with Bedford, can be appealed to a higher court.

• Like 8

They weren't named to the SCC -- one named to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the other to the Ontario Court of Appeal. Both are courts along the way to the SCC, and both decisions, as we saw with Bedford, can be appealed to a higher court.

My bad! I have such a dim view of this Government that my thought process while reading this jumped ahead a bit. Read the article and immediately went to thoughts of stacking the Court, something US Presidents try occasionally. But come to think of it, more times than not the stacked courts end up not supporting the ideas of the folks who put them there. lol

One of the two turned out to have a real pile of skeletons in her closet.

Absolutely no way she could reach SCC level.