The reference catch 22...

Hi all Lyla's lovers...

The reference dilemma has been boggling me for a while. I'm new on this site and have been appreciating visiting all the nice websites that the lovely SP are presenting to us. A common thread, other than the beauty of the subjects, is the screening system.

Most if them requires a reference. So my question, how does one new at this hobby build such references if to get it you have to have it.

Hence the catch 22...

Two options...

First: see someone who doesn't require references first (not all ladies do), and then go from there.

Second: there's nothing wrong with being new :) If you want to see someone who requests references then a polite email explaining that you're new to this and therefore don't have any will go a long way. It may be that you'll be disappointed... but many ladies will be prepared to screen you some other way, so as long as you're prepared to provide the information they need to be comfortable that you're OK then being new probably isn't an insurmountable obstacle.

Good luck!

• Like 8

Two options...

First: see someone who doesn't require references first (not all ladies do), and then go from there.

Second: there's nothing wrong with being new :) If you want to see someone who requests references then a polite email explaining that you're new to this and therefore don't have any will go a long way. It may be that you'll be disappointed... but many ladies will be prepared to screen you some other way, so as long as you're prepared to provide the information they need to be comfortable that you're OK then being new probably isn't an insurmountable obstacle.

Good luck!

Phaedrus is absolutely correct in what he says. A polite email goes a long ways in meeting a lady. I would add, in addition to your email being polite, provide all other screening information a lady requests (real name, phone, email address, board handle confirmed by PM etc) This shows an openness and honesty on your part, which goes a long ways to secure trust. Even if you don't see the lady, your personal information is safe with a professional companion. Safer than a confession shared with a Priest LOL

And just keep the email to at the most, time and companionship, nothing more. Just keep in mind current the current law

Good luck

RG

• Like 1

Thanks for the info and guidance.

Still in learning mode, will keep researching properly. One lesson learned so far is clearly respect, politeness and discretion. It is a common recurring theme on the different cyber presence I visited so far...