How do MPAs or SPs feel when a regular client makes an appt with another MPA or SP?

How do MPAs or SPs feel when their regular clients make an appointment with other MPAs or SPs at the same salon or agency?

In order to better explain the sense of my question, I have a story to relate regarding my experiences visiting MPAs. I also have a couple of related questions that I will get to later.

For my first ever massage 2 years ago I selected an MPA who had been chosen as the MPA of the year in Montreal by one of the boards that I am a member of. It so happened that when I tried to make an appointment with her, the MPA was on vacation. But, because I had psyched myself up for my first massage, I decided to go ahead just the same and asked for a presentation at the same salon. Because I was so satisfied with the MPA that I had selected I ended up seeing her exclusively, even after my original choice had returned from vacation. Even though I was still very much interesting in meeting the MPA of the year, I was concerned about how my regular MPA would react to this. To me it is a bit like showing up at the hair salon, but telling your regular hairdresser that you want to try a different hairdresser that day. I'm sure she would not take it very well. Would an MPA feel the same way? I do remember my regular MPA mentioning a client of hers who made a point of seeing all of the MPAs at the salon, and she told me that it did not bother her. I didn't ask her if it bothered her. She just volunteered the information (I wonder if Freudian psychology would interpret this as meaning that it DID infact bother her). Anyway, a few months later the MPA that I had been seeing retired from the business. When I then went to make an appointment with the MPA of the year, I was told that she had also retired. To this day I still regret not being able to meet her, and I am reminded of this every time there is a posting about the hall of fame of MPAs or the best of the decade, because she is usually at the top of the list.

I have since seen other MPAs and have had other presentations, but I always ensure that there is no risk that an MPA I am seeing is part of the presentation. Fortunately, this is easy to arrange since most salons publish daily rosters indicating who is on or off on any given day. I would be very uncomfortable if ever one of my regular MPAs were in a presentation that I had asked for. The presentation reminds me of when I was a kid and we would line up to be selected by the team captains for baseball or other sports. It was always very unpleasant for the kids who were selected last (If I know that, it must mean that I was one of those kids :)). Is that how it feels for an MPA who is not selected after being part of a presentation?

My additional questions therefore are:

How does an MPA feel when she is NOT selected from a presentation?

How would an MPA feel to be in a presentation asked for by one of her regular clients?

I realize that different MPAs may react differently to these situations. However, I would be interested in how the ladies on the board would feel if it happened to you. Even though the above situations concern MPAs, I imagine that SPs who are, or who have been, with an agency have gone through similar situations of having their regular clients select other SPs at the agency. How do you feel when that happens?

I don't feel I own my clients and what they do with their time and money is up to them to decide.

Many of my clients have seen other SPs/MAs and I even give recommendations. I've also seen regular clients of other providers here are CERB. It goes both ways.

I am in full agreement with the others,I have recommended other sp's when I cannot meet with them myself or if there is something they were looking for that I happend to not provide. I don't think in this industry you can offerd to have to much cattiness and there should be no reason for it.

I do not think that most established SP's or MA's have any issue with this whatsoever. Newer ladies might while they are trying to establish themselves in the business. Takes time to gain a good client base, so I can understand why newer SP's and MA's would get a bit jealous if you saw someone else. Best advice, don't even talk about anyone else.

I have a different perspective. Any lady wants to feel appreciated and respected. While she is aware that you know she sees other people, and what you do is your business, she does not need to be put into a situation when she may feel inferior by not being picked out of a line up. ( A strip club is different due to it's very nature).

Putting the business aspect of this aside - everyone is human and if you have someone you've become close with and fall into the realm of a 'regular' - that's when emotions can take over. No one wants to feel they're second best. If you've become a regular with someone, it is likely due to the chemistry, respect and intimacy you both share - something that cannot be reproduced nor re created with some one else. Every situation is unique.

That's why it is also important to not refer to anyone as a 'backup plan'. For the original poster, do what you are comfortable with as at the end of the day you want to feel good about your actions. Happy hobbying.

I am the same as the above.. BUT.. we are not in a line-up. I have never been in one nor do I plan on being in one..

That would be a completely different scenario.. and you are right it's much like going to a hairdresser for several visits and then requesting another one in the same salon right in front of her.

Having that knowledge though I'm sure you are regretting not seeing the ''one who got away'' more than you would have regretted the possibility of upsetting your regular MA.

I've had friends working with me in the same house especially when I was in school and we often referred the clients to our colleagues.. so that's the other side of it. We were quite accustomed to it.. and I would bet the girls in massage parlours are mostly the same way or they wouldn't be working there long.