Snowmageddon

I now have complete privacy from my neighbour's with my new snow fences. I can't see them and they can't see me.

It would be like going to visit the Snow Queen!

• Like 1

Old Man Winter, you are hereby given notice that you have overstayed your lease on the Maritimes.

The Sheriff will be here on Friday, March 20, 2015 to REMOVE ALL YOUR BELONGINGS.

Don't let the door kick you in the ASS.

• Like 5

Yes , I do have a snow story for you ; It goes something like this .

The first giant snowstorm was almost over the Sunday night before the new holiday ( 16th of Feb ) I think . My driveway is about 1000 ft long across an area where the snow drifts quite deep. So .... later on Sunday night I decided to get a start on it , fired up the Tractor and spent a few hours clearing the start from the house towards the road , Then I thought oh oh , how much diesel to I have on hand , so I stopped and then at 6 am on Monday , started again , finally broke through to the main rd at 12 noon , cleared the end of the driveway and headed back up the lane towards the area where my truck was running with the empty dieael cans on the back . Halfway up the driveway ran out of gas in the tractor totally blocking the driveway as the vehicles were on the wrong side , I officially hate winter ( used to love it ) hate snow ( used to love it ) and hate plowing ( once in a while was kind of fun) . I have lived on this farm for 12 years and if I added up all the snow combined including white juan , It is like a armegeddon , a punishment , about an hr ago I finished plowing for the umpteenth time again ....aaaaggggghhhhh.... HELP

• Like 2

Unless you are a Maritimer or Atlantic Canadian, I'm really not sure that you would understand or believe just what is going on here unless you could see it. The pictures do not do justice at all when compared to the real thing.

Yesterday Halifax and NS were the ones to really get hammered with 70+ cm. PEI only had in the 20 + range but the winds have shut us down yet again. The plows have not even been on the highways since suppertime yesterday and as much as it hurts mainland Canada, we cut you off again by closing the bridge.

The main highways were generally open, meaning lots of places only one lane and the secondary roads have been almost impassable since Sunday and the smaller roads are blocked completely.

It's been the winter of a lifetime and the scary part is that we did not have our first snow until well into January. Word is that we are looking at systems for next Sunday and then again on Tuesday! Geeze.

Found this little video this morning that gives some idea. Stay safe everyone. Just for fun.

• Like 3