Tips for a Safe Experience

Guest S***dst***

When I first started in this "hobby" I admit I was totally ignorant to practically everything about it.

Dive right in! lol

As such, my introduction was at Triple A. They run ads in the Ottawa Sun, so it was the easiest to find; since I read the sun everyday.

From there I found the OAN Magazine, which lead me to OAN website, then CMJ, CL and finally CERB.

Why did I bring that up? I was very fortunate, upon my very first visit none the less, to meet an experienced and charming lady there. She gave me some advice I thought invaluable and I very much appreciated it. Being second nature and kinda tucked into my subconsious, I hadn't thought about it much. Now that I remembered it, I thought I should give it to you guys/gals/Newbies aswell.

It applies to basically any "new to you" MP's. It's not meant to say any place is like this, or is crooked, but it's to help make sure YOU are safe regardless.

CMJ is the acception to these rules. Under strict enforcement and living on their reputation as the best in Ottawa, they are a pretty safe bet.

As are any reputable Independant Masseuse (or w/e you prefer to be known as)

To the point:

A) When offered a bath robe, use your towel as a shield around your private areas before dawning the robe; i.e wrap yourself in it

Why? Not all places wash their bath robes regularly, if at all :/ but most will wash their towels. (if they do neither leave immediately :/)

All kinds of grunge and micro ogranisms can stay in fabrics. The majority of STI/STD can't live outside the body for more than 1-10 minutes, that's not to say no one has worn that robe in the last 2 minutes. SOME can live outside the body for extended periods. Crabs/public lice, for example, can live upto 2 days before dying.

This isn't including fungus or bacteria that other person may have :(

B) If there is a Shower facility, and you are to use it, being your wallet and valuables (ipod, iphone etc) with you to the bathroom/shower facility.

Generally there will be pockets in the robe, I suggest using those.

Why? (I mean no disrespect to anyone with the following but it can happen)

Some ladies in the industry get addicted to drugs. This addiction can be forced on them by a pimp or their own inability to cope with the lifestyle. Anyone who is addicted, or knows someone who is addicted, wants nothing more than to get more drugs; by any means necessary.

You may trust your masseuse, but do you know or trust the others working there? What about the new girl?

They may very well be the ones that enter the room and will steal from clients. Getting cleaned out while being cleaned up.

C) ALWAYS inquire about the laundry/linen services. As stated above, if the towels aren't cleaned regularily, the sheets aren't changed regularily, pick up and walk out immediately. It should go without saying why you do this but most people won't even give this a seconds thought. You could end up with more than you payed for.

D) This one is really my personal peice of advice but it's still worth noting.

If any provider offers you something, even if it's "special to you", chances are they offer it to every/other client(s). Huh?

Transfer of certain STD/STI's is at a lesser risk factor with oral sex than intercourse but it's still there. When you have unsafe sex, you are also having sex with all the other people whom they've also had unsafe sex.

Feel free to leave any additional tips you may have for the adventurous ones among us 8-)

I've had several clients lately tell me about poor experiences from providers here on CERB. Being on CERB isn't enough, you need to check if she has positive feedback.

On another note, that is disgusting not washing towels. :shock:

With regard to valuables, I agree you should take them with you to the shower in a MP but I don't think that is necessary with independents. I provide a table for wallet, phone, keys, etc. and since we are the only people in my studio and we are always together going from shower-room-shower, there is no chance of theft.

Tips for MA's - Make sure your hands do not have any cuts/scratches on them. If you do, use a finger cot. STD/STI's can spread through cuts on the fingers.

If you are going to touch yourself, use the opposite hand that you are using for the client.

Very good advice. I think any MP that does not have a shower should be avoided at all costs.

You'd be shocked at how many places do not launder their towels/sheets after each use. Every MP I've worked for in Ottawa just turns the towel over rather than changing it entirely. Ditto is true of hotel rooms. (And this is not meant to insult anyone, it's just the truth)

As for theft, it's rare for a respectable lady to steal from a client. Respectable. If you have doubts, do your research - check for reviews. And as a rule, just to be safe, don't bring more cash than you're willing to spend at a MP. For independent ladies, there is little to fear. We're clean, safe, and honest. And those who are not are quickly identified and their ways are made known.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest S***dst***

My post is meant for places where multiple ladies provide massage services mainly.

It's true a lot of places can be unhygenic (not only massage places) there is a reason hotels have star rating and higher fees :)

These tips can be enforced for indies aswell, but not likely needed if they are well recommended/reviewed. For those ladies new to the industry it should still be practiced if you are one her first few clients.

Being the only other person in the place, and usually with the client for 99% of the visit, it's rather hard for an independant to steal from you.... but it's not impossible, trust your gut.

Definetly still inquire about linens :)

I visited an indie SP who had a few recos here on CERB (over a year ago) she required all her clients shower first. Fine by me, I usually ask to anyways (since it was a sweltering hot night and I was sweating) she gave me one of the 2 towels that she hadn't had time to wash that day drying on her stair railing... I gave her a bit of money for the time I had taken up and left.

She is no longer around.

Great post Speedstick.

I agree 100 percent with what you are saying. I avoid the bathrobe at all costs. If it is a place I have been to before and am comfortable, I will just wear the towel, as long as I see that it was taken from a fresh pile (usually neatly folded or rolled).

I try to bring as little "stuff" as possible to a massage appointment. Ie - just cash, no credit cards, minimal ID, etc. I realize this is not always possible, but why risk it!? That being said, I would guess that the vast majority of places and attendants around town are honest. And that has been my experience so far, for the most part.

As for Lindsay's note on the flipping of towels -- I can vouch as I have actually seen it with my own eyes at two establishments!!!! -- after we were finished and the attendant started to "clean up" while I was still in the room. Needless to say, those locations immediately landed on the FunJay No-Fly-Zone.

As for establishments with no shower -- that is a non-starter. It is not fair to the attendant for sure, but the few times I tried a place with no shower, I actually felt uncomfortable! I am clean, well-groomed guy, but I was still worried I wasn't "clean enough"!!! Made for a less than ideal level of relaxation!

For a funny read of some of my not-so-great experiences at local MPs, I started a thread a few days ago called MP Wish List....

I visited an indie SP who had a few recos here on CERB (over a year ago) she required all her clients shower first. Fine by me, I usually ask to anyways (since it was a sweltering hot night and I was sweating) she gave me one of the 2 towels that she hadn't had time to wash that day drying on her stair railing... I gave her a bit of money for the time I had taken up and left.

She is no longer around.

Is it possible she washed the towel but didn't have time to put it in the dryer for long enough?

This revelation about the lack of washing sheets/towels has me in disbelief. It really doesn't take that much effort to be on top of laundry!

Guest S***dst***
Is it possible she washed the towel but didn't have time to put it in the dryer for long enough?

This revelation about the lack of washing sheets/towels has me in disbelief. It really doesn't take that much effort to be on top of laundry!

She flat out told me she hadn't had time to wash them yet.. still being wet lead me to only one conclusion.

She flat out told me she hadn't had time to wash them yet.. still being wet lead me to only one conclusion.

Wow, that in incredible. :shock:

Guest S***dst***

Shamless bump as new places are being explored (or unknown ones discovered?)

I am very clean--in ALL respects...- when I arrive at an SPs and still shower before from time to time.

I EXPECT a high level of cleanliess in ALL respects also from the SP/MP: otherwise I will respectfully take my leave.

Shamless bump as new places are being explored (or unknown ones discovered?)

Thanks for that - also great for those of us who weren't around when the original thread was active...