Zombies!

What's Your Favorite zombie movie?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite zombie movie?

• Night of the Living Dead
    • Dawn of the Dead (2004 version)
    • 28 Days Later
    • Shaun of the Dead
    • Zombieland
    • Braindead (aka Dead Alive)
    • None of the Above

Guest S****an

Just watched the premiere of the Walking Dead. Outstanding series - can't wait for the next episode. Although the similarity of the premise in the opening sequence to 28 Days Later turned me off a bit(guy wakes up from a coma), the rest of the episode was far higher quality than any other horror I've seen on TV.

All you zombie fans feels free to chime in.

Oooh I haven't even heard of that show, I'll have to check it out! I LOVE all things zombie, that's what I have tattooed all down my left leg! It's a carnival that's been taken over by zombies :D :D :D

Guest G***f******

The Walking Dead on AMC is fan-freakin-tastic. Classic zombie tale with the camp taken away, and real emotion injected into the characters.

I do NOT want to see a movie made from World War Z. The book is perfect, and any movie they try and make from it will only be a disappointment. The best thing to do with it, would be to make it into an Outerlimits type anthology series.

Guest S****an
Oooh I haven't even heard of that show, I'll have to check it out! I LOVE all things zombie, that's what I have tattooed all down my left leg! It's a carnival that's been taken over by zombies :D :D :D

Now that's a tattoo I just have to see :)

Ok, its not about sex. But my SO is away for a few weeks, which gives me a chance to indulge my (second favorite) guilty pleasure, watching zombie flicks.

Come on now, deep down everyone likes zombie films. Drama, action, brain-eating, they have it all (lol).

What's your favorite? For me Shaun of the Dead, hands down. Anything Simon Pegg does is hilarious, but for anyone who's lived in England, this film is a wicked parody of british pub & pop culture.

For sheer chills though 28 Days Later is hard to beat. Perfect sense of post-apocalypse desolation, lots of suspense, great for getting your girl to snuggle with you.

I suppose the only thing better than watching zombie flics would be watching one with your favorite SP :).

LOL!! I vote for the same 2 as you. I lived in Scotland for a short while and Shaun of the Dead reminded me of 'home' soooo much!!! HUGZ, Tristan

Wow....favorite zombie movie. That's a tough one! Not sure if it's technically a zombie movie but I think for me Planet Terror would have to be in there,

Brain Dead's definitely up there (yes, directed by THAT Peter Jackson), I was actually kind of disappointed that there was no Sumatran rat-monkey or zombie sex scene in Lord of The Rings.

White Zombie with Bela Lugosi's a pretty fun one.

Return of The Living Dead if only because it scared the piss out of me as a child, and then I laughed my ass off when I saw it again several years later.

Technically not a movie but a zombie themed episode of Masters of Horror, "Homecoming" directed by Joe Dante was VERY interesting.

And I haven't seen this yet but I REALLY, REALLY want to for the following reasons A: It's Canadian, B: It's got Billy Connolly as a zombie, C: It just looks freaking hilarious:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2095711001/

Edited by castle

Just watched Dead Snow last night. It's a Norwegian flick with Nazi zombies.

It can't seem to decide if it wants to be scary or funny and tries to straddle the line between both. It just gets absolutely ridiculous closer to the end.

It's worth a watch if you're a true zombie aficionado.

Guest o*****24

So I just finished watching Shaun of the Dead for the umpteenth time. It is a new classic! Though I admit I'll watch anything with Simon Pegg in it...and have!

It was thinking about this? Has the Zombie fad died or will it rise again? I mean it comes and goes. When will it rise again?

Also for those inquiring minds;

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

How prepared are you?

The amount of zombie related posts popping up here lately have got me smiling in a big way!

It's tough to pick a favorite, but my vote went to Dead Alive. The lawnmower scene and the constant syringes up "mum's" nose are cinematic gold! Damn those Sumatran Rat Monkeys!

And for those of you who love absolute garbage, check out Troma's Parts Of The Family. It makes no sense and they added extra scenes making fun of the movie itself.

Guest gagagaga

Guess I'm old school...I like Evil Dead the best. Especially the new DVD version because of the Bruce Campbell commentary...absolute genius!!!

I just love our pre-occupation with dead stuff. Watching a movie about it - is like watching a crazy motorcycle crash with destiny. The ickier it is, the better.

I liked Campbell's work because he doesn't give a rat's ass about Hollywood or anyone who is a hanger-on or suckup. He just wants to make crap movies that make money. What could be more honest.

Just loved Return of the Living Dead because it takes living flesh by inches and makes it dead...but hey, it had a sense of humour about it. The nudity is quite nice too.

Got both movie series in my DVD collection.

my two fav zombie flicks are shaun of the dead and dead alive, both are hilarious. hard to believe peter jackson of lord of the ring fame directed dead alive.

Guest S****an

Just heard Season 2 of the "Walking Dead" will be out in July, three months earlier than planned. Maybe a rumour, but for all us fans of the mobile deceased, this would be the best news, like ever, lol. I am in deep zombie withdrawal since the last season ended.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2011/06/season-2-first-look-photos.php

Also, check this out:

http://thezombiefactor.com/

Ok, its not about sex. But my SO is away for a few weeks, which gives me a chance to indulge my (second favorite) guilty pleasure, watching zombie flicks.

Come on now, deep down everyone likes zombie films. Drama, action, brain-eating, they have it all (lol).

What's your favorite? For me Shaun of the Dead, hands down. Anything Simon Pegg does is hilarious, but for anyone who's lived in England, this film is a wicked parody of british pub & pop culture.

For sheer chills though 28 Days Later is hard to beat. Perfect sense of post-apocalypse desolation, lots of suspense, great for getting your girl to snuggle with you.

I suppose the only thing better than watching zombie flics would be watching one with your favorite SP :).

While I love Night Of The Living Dead and Dawn Of The Dead....it's Return Of The Living Dead that tops the list for me. Sure it's 80's cheesy, but it coined the best saying in all the zombie films....BRAAAINS!!!!!!