Zombies!

What's Your Favorite zombie movie?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite zombie movie?

• Night of the Living Dead
    • Dawn of the Dead (2004 version)
    • 28 Days Later
    • Shaun of the Dead
    • Zombieland
    • Braindead (aka Dead Alive)
    • None of the Above

Guest S****an

Ok, its not about sex. But my SO is away for a few weeks, which gives me a chance to indulge my (second favorite) guilty pleasure, watching zombie flicks.

Come on now, deep down everyone likes zombie films. Drama, action, brain-eating, they have it all (lol).

What's your favorite? For me Shaun of the Dead, hands down. Anything Simon Pegg does is hilarious, but for anyone who's lived in England, this film is a wicked parody of british pub & pop culture.

For sheer chills though 28 Days Later is hard to beat. Perfect sense of post-apocalypse desolation, lots of suspense, great for getting your girl to snuggle with you.

I suppose the only thing better than watching zombie flics would be watching one with your favorite SP :).

Night of the Living Dead is still a favourite.

If you liked Shawn of the Dead, have you checked out Zombieland? Not quite as funny, but very enjoyable nontheless.

Thumbs up for Shaun of the Dead!!! Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are brilliant!!!!

For the same kind of quirky factor, I did like Zombieland.... Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg are the perfect foils for one another. Jesse's "rules of life" are brilliant. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot!

On the horizon? I hear that Max Brook's "World War Z" is currently in development for a 2012 release... very few details have been released to date. World War Z is a different kind of book - it recounts the tales of survivors.

Zombie movies are great. I agree, Skidman, 28 days is pretty good for chills, so is the 2004 version of dawn of the dead. There are good ones and sot so good ones. The last ones i saw for the first time was Diary of the dead and more recently Zombieland. Not great, but good entertainment. If i had to pick just one, Dawn would be it ..

Ah, Shaun of the dead, gotta love british humour, but not everybody likes it! I've read great things about World War Z .... There is even "pride and prejudice and zombies" (i think it's called) in book, but have yet to read either one.

Still, Romero's movies are great commentaries on society...

Have fun, Skidman, with your Zombie movie marathon

I love the movie FIDO anyone seen that zombie movie?

Thought FIDO was pretty funny. Have to go with Shaun of the Dead though. That movie was hilarious! Laughed the whole time!

Guest S****an

Glad to hear from some fans of the living dead. I mean, other than from Rolling Stones fans that is.

Keith Richards & undead jokes are hard to resist lol.

I haven't seen FIDO Kaylee but I'll put it on my list. And any movie called "World War Z"" is a must see. Thanks Old Dog!

I actually watched Zombieland for the first time yesterday and loved it. Bill Murray was a hoot. Maybe CERB could use rules just like Jesse Eisenberg's. Come to think of it, Rule#1: Cardio! is pretty much spot on. :)

I'm the only one who voted for Zombieland??? Shame on you, people! :-)

If you haven't seen it, rent it. Shit, just buy it. It's a fun ride, and you'll laugh your butt off.

What was it? Rule #32: always double tap. The rules were awesome!

Fido was good in a weird way. A charming movie. If you haven't seen it, rent it. Don't expect the same laughs as Shaun of The Dead ir Zombieland, but it's good.

Posted via Mobile Device

Lindsay... it was a toss up between Shaun and Zombieland... Shaun got my vote....

but here are some of the rules:

1. "Cardio"[7]
  2. "Double tap/Ziploc bags (Deleted Scene)"[7][8]
  3. "Beware of bathrooms"[7][9]
  4. "Wear seatbelts"[7]
  5. "Cast iron skillet"
  6. "Travel light"
  7. "Get a kickass partner"
  8. "Bounty paper towels"
  9. "Bowling Ball"
  10. "(Don't) be a hero"[10]
  11. "Limber up"
  12. "Avoid strip clubs"
  13. "When in doubt, know your way out"
  14. "The buddy system"
  15. "Check the back seat"[11]
  16. "Enjoy the little things"[12]
  17. "Swiss army knife"

The numbers don't match the Movie... the cut and paste assigned new numbers!!!

Guest s******ecan****

You left off the Da Vinci Code.....err wait watching that movie turned ME into a Zombie for 2 hrs.....does that qualify?

Any body remember evil dead? I could not believe the amount of people that ran out during the showing? Curiousity kept me pin to my seat.

Zombies are ok but I prefer sexy vampires. One of my favourites is the South-of-the-border vampire flick "From Dusk Till Dawn," George Clooney. The Strip Club in the middle of the desert was bags of fun.

Guest S****an

Thanks Old Dog. Funny how many of them do apply to CERB. "Limber up"" is an absolute must before seeing some the ladies here. :)

This poll is missing all the greatest zombie flicks EVER.

Like, Zombie, The Beyond, Dawn of the Dead (orig.), Re-Animator

Technically not zombie flicks, but which I enjoy including nonetheless:

CHUD (Cannabalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers), Evil Dead II, The Creeping Flesh

Zombie should be on, at the very least, just for the zombie vs shark fight which is sadly now being used in a fucking Rogers commercial. I think it's Rogers. It might be a Playstation commerical. In any case.

Technically not zombie flicks, but which I enjoy including nonetheless:

CHUD (Cannabalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers), Evil Dead II, The Creeping Flesh

Zombie should be on, at the very least, just for the zombie vs shark fight which is sadly now being used in a fucking Rogers commercial. I think it's Rogers. It might be a Playstation commerical. In any case.

OoooooHHHHhhhh!!! Now here is some stuff to work with!!!

CHUD.... Kevin Smith refers to this movie in a couple of his "Clerks" series. A CHUD is one step beyond Fugly, it's CHUGLY.

The Zombie commercial? It is Windows 7.

The Evil Dead Series!!! Brilliant... what's a slasher/zombie/undead movie without Bruce Campbell????

OoooooHHHHhhhh!!! Now here is some stuff to work with!!!

CHUD.... Kevin Smith refers to this movie in a couple of his "Clerks" series. A CHUD is one step beyond Fugly, it's CHUGLY.

The Zombie commercial? It is Windows 7.

The Evil Dead Series!!! Brilliant... what's a slasher/zombie/undead movie without Bruce Campbell????

THANK YOU. I could not remember for the life of me what the commercial was for and now that I am reminded it's Windows 7, I am even further annoyed. Haha.

Guest S****an

I love a woman who knows her zombies. I do like the Romero Dawn of the Dead, but prefer the 2004 version. The scene where they pick off celebrity look-alike zombies from the roof is priceless.

I'm partial to the remade "Night of the Living Dead" as well. Having a heroine who's less passive, like Patricia Tallman, seems to work better than the original I guess.

I love a woman who knows her zombies. I do like the Romero Dawn of the Dead, but prefer the 2004 version. The scene where they pick off celebrity look-alike zombies from the roof is priceless.

I'm partial to the remade "Night of the Living Dead" as well. Having a heroine who's less passive, like Patricia Tallman, seems to work better than the original I guess.

I'm just so partial to Flyboy in the original Dawn of the Dead. Don't get me wrong, I like the remake, although, the zombie baby ALMOST ruined it for me.

Apparently, I'm the only one who voted for Dead Alive. That movie is pure zombie GOLD. I mean, come on, a ninja priest who "kicks ass for the Lord" and who then later, as a zombie, has sex with a zombie nurse? Enough said!

I haven't a clue what any of you are talking about but it sounds like you're all having fun swapping stories.

I did see Night of the Living Dead ages ago. I'm talking about the original 1968 version, which by the way is available in its entirety on youtube:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2956447426428748010#

And I agree that the Da Vinci Code would turn anyone into a Zombie, but I didn't last with that movie for 2 minutes, never mind 2 hours.

It was a tough choice between Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland but I had to go with Zombieland - Mr. Murray holds a special place in my heart!

Ohhhhh .. Ouch !!

quote=scottthecanuck;139120]You left off the Da Vinci Code.....err wait watching that movie turned ME into a Zombie for 2 hrs.....does that qualify?

Guest b**g**_1*

I say Zombieland because that is the only zombie movie I have seen.

I'd have to say that Night Of The Living Dead (1990 remake) is my favorite from the ones I've seen.