I'm curious to see what your favorite movie soundtracks are. They can be innovative, weird, or just full of great tunes!

My faves:

Spawn soundtrack

Queen of The Damned soundtrack

A Clockwork Orange soundtrack

And - of course - both the Blues Brothers soundtracks

Posted via Mobile Device

Blues Brother's...definately.....

Beaches........I am a total sap for Bet Midler

Pink Floyd...The wall......

Oldies....

Dirty Dancing

Beaches

Blues Brothers

Cruisin'

More Recent...

Dillinger

Nine

Iron Man

Weirdly enough I loved the Shrek 2 Soundtrack. Wainwrights version of Hallelujah alone makes it worth the purchase. The Jason Wade track is excellent as well. Just be prepared to skip past the Smashmouth :p

Favorite of all time would probably have to be the Thomas Crowne Affair.

Blade Runner. The 80s synths sound a bit dated, but it's still a good listen.

Grosse Point Blank - some great oldies there!

If you like instrumental, Braveheart and Gladiator are great too.

Grosse Point Blank - some great oldies there!

If you like instrumental, Braveheart and Gladiator are great too.

RD... MUST agree!!!!!! Grosse Pointe Blank has two soundtracks and they are both fantastic!!!!

I would love to get my hands on the House Bunny Soundtrack... that was fantastic

Pretty in Pink had an amazing soundtrack too....

Lindsay... the Clockwork Orange soundtrack is another fave...

Pretty much any Will Ferrell movie... lotsa retro there. It's unfortunate that "stepbrothers" has no true soundtrack ... cuz the Por ti Volare/Boats and Ho's mix was magnificent!

I gotta go with the soundtrack to the musical Once. Glen Hansard yo!

And all the music for Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the show). That show introduced to me to so many awesome bands, like Cibo Matto, the Sundays, etc.

I gotta go with the soundtrack to the musical Once. Glen Hansard yo!

Erin... have to agree with ya on "Once"... that was a brilliant movie with an incredible soundtrack....

More have come to mind:

Help! - The Beatles. It wasn't just an album, it was a defining moment in music...

The Big Chill - Hearkens back to those Motown days of the 60's when everything that Berry Gordy published turned to gold... magical

American Graffiti - If you needed one album to capture the American sound of the late 50's and early 60's, this would be it.

Pulp fiction - Quirky, erratic and infinitely worthwhile, this album brings back the hot guitar of Dick Dale...

The James Bond Collection - technically not the soundtrack of one movie but a collection of all the theme songs from Dr. No through the early 80's...

Easy Rider... what American Graffiti was to the 50's, Easy Rider gave us for the late 60's... Hendrix, the Byrds, The Band, Steppenwolf...

O Brother, Where art thou.... brilliant Coen brothers movie with an amazing soundtrack to accompany...

Guest M***ell***A

Pulp fiction - Quirky, erratic and infinitely worthwhile, this album brings back the hot guitar of Dick Dale...

I'm a big fan of the Pulp Fiction soundtrack and pretty well any Tarantino movie soundtrack.

I also really like The Big Lebowski soundtrack, but I may be a bit bias with that one since it is one of my fave movies of all time! Awesome Dylan tune, awesome Costello tune and I really like Nina Simone's I Got It Bad, and That Ain't Good...

This one's gotta go on the list !

Do I hear a few slapped foreheads, and "Awww,man!...can't believe I forgot...!" ?

dazed-and-confused.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Pulp Fiction soundtrack and pretty well any Tarantino movie soundtrack.

I also really like The Big Lebowski soundtrack, but I may be a bit bias with that one since it is one of my fave movies of all time! Awesome Dylan tune, awesome Costello tune and I really like Nina Simone's I Got It Bad, and That Ain't Good...

Yes, I love the Lebowski soundtrack as well, and I'm also biased because I also love that movie.

Top Gun : good fast action beats

Kelly's Heroes; only time I've heard Burning Bridges on a sound track

Eddie and the cruisers 2:

We could probably put any Coen Bros. or Quentin Tarantino movie in the mix... the music is just such a central part of the whole movie. I just wish that Kevin Smith movies had available soundtracks, cuz he is a genius as well.

Two more? Trainspotting... gritty and amazing

Blade Runner... now that was something...

Guest M***ell***A
Yes, I love the Lebowski soundtrack as well, and I'm also biased because I also love that movie.

Isn't it a great one? I think I have seen it like 20 million times (slight exaggeration but not too far off!) and I still laugh every time!

We could probably put any Coen Bros. or Quentin Tarantino movie in the mix... the music is just such a central part of the whole movie. I just wish that Kevin Smith movies had available soundtracks, cuz he is a genius as well.

Along those lines I have to say I cannot hear the song "Stuck In the Middle With You" without thinking about that scene from Reservoir Dogs...

And I love Kevin Smith! I have every one of his movies... Have I ever mentioned that I'm actually a bit of a geek? lol But when I think about it I can't really bring to mind any of the music from his movies except for Morris Day/The Time - Jungle Love... Go figure, there's no "Tarzan" smiley lol

Isn't it a great one? I think I have seen it like 20 million times (slight exaggeration but not too far off!) and I still laugh every time!

Yep, me too. It's my go-to film if I can't think of anything else to watch.

There are just too many great lines from that movie.

"OVER THE LINE. Mark it zero."

"but I wasn't over the line--"

"Mark it zero. Smokey, this is bowling not 'Nam, there are rules."

"but, I wasn't over."

"Mark it zero, or you are entering a world of pain."

"but."

"A world of pain."

And I love Kevin Smith! I have every one of his movies... Have I ever mentioned that I'm actually a bit of a geek? lol But when I think about it I can't really bring to mind any of the music from his movies except for Morris Day/The Time - Jungle Love... Go figure, there's no "Tarzan" smiley lol

Morris Day and the Time.... Jungle Love... that was my favourite tune of 1985....

And Clerks II... the "ABC" dance number, possibly the best segue into a dance in any movie EVER!!!! I too am somewhat of a geek... I not only own all the movies, I also have all three of the "evening with Kevin Smith" dvd sets.... amazing!!!!!

and "Stuck in the Middle with you???" my song from Quentin is "Counting Flowers on the Wall"

Guest M***ell***A
Yep, me too. It's my go-to film if I can't think of anything else to watch.

There are just too many great lines from that movie.

"OVER THE LINE. Mark it zero."

"but I wasn't over the line--"

"Mark it zero. Smokey, this is bowling not 'Nam, there are rules."

"but, I wasn't over."

"Mark it zero, or you are entering a world of pain."

"but."

"A world of pain."

OMG that's like my fave scene (ok can't really pick a fave but that one is in the top 5!) I can't count how many times I have been in some situation where all I can't think is "Has the whole world gone crazy!? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules!?"

Now back on topic I also tend to really like the soundtrack for Adam Sandler movies... Though I must admit I am not a huge Styx fan (however I do love the song Renegade, featured on the Billy Madison soundtrack).

Oh Crap! My geek is showing!

"SLAP TO THE FOREHEAD!" I can't believe I forgot Hard Core Logo!!!! One of the best films ever to come out of Canada. I saw it in a theater in London when it finally made it over there and the place was packed!!! Hugh Dillon was just awesome in the film, great sound track!