Interesting social experiment on being female online

Thanks for sharing!

I've only read a small portion of the article so far and it's hilarious to see that in half a day of pretending to be a hot woman that he got quickly tired of the d*ck pics he received and annoyed with all the pet names he was called!

Déjà vu? lol

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing!

I've only read a small portion of the article so far and it's hilarious to see that in half a day of pretending to be a hot woman that he got quickly tired of the d*ck pics he received and annoyed with all the pet names he was called!

Déjà vu? lol

Lol - just a thought....Maybe all the guys realized he was just a guy pretending to be a hot woman, so they mail-bombed him pervy stuff just to P*ss him off.:icon_biggrin:

Seriously, guys can be so immature (except me - Nyah Nyah Nyah-Nyah Nyah).

Lol - just a thought....Maybe all the guys realized he was just a guy pretending to be a hot woman, so they mail-bombed him pervy stuff just to P*ss him off.:icon_biggrin:

Possibly lol

But how do you explain all the d*ck pics comments made by the ladies in the thread below?

Turn-offs for a lady

• Like 1

I kind of agree with his theory.

A) Guys love their own dicks so why wouldn't someone want to see it?

B) Guys want girls to send them nude photos so it seems logical to send them what they think they would want.

Honestly, B) is probably behind so many relationship problems in general. People tend to do things for others that they would want done for them. Unfortunately that's often not what what they actually want. I want sex. Wife wants thoughtful little things. She gives me thoughtful little things, I (attempt to) give her sex. Neither of us are happy. If you can crack the code of doing for others what THEY want you to do, you're golden.

• Like 2

Possibly lol

But how do you explain all the d*ck pics comments made by the ladies in the thread below?

Turn-offs for a lady

It could be a case of a simple misunderstanding. The "gentlemen" in question could have a first name of Richard (or nickname "Dick") and could have misunderstood the intent of a picture shot. Or - the pics are just a minor misalignment of the camera lens. I dink they actually wanted to take a facial shot and were just a few inches lower.

Oh have any of you seen this? It's a girl who decided to accept every compliment given to her online rather than just brushing it off or downplaying it... the results are equally dismaying...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/this-is-what-happens-when-women-actually-accept-a-compliment#.lbDZY4vDKj

• Like 6

Wow. That's really depressing. This sort of thing is generally known as "The Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory".

Off topic but BTW, Kate, I love your signature. It really made me think about my own behavior. I tend to be a bit 'bitchy' sometimes and talk down about others. Framing it as pumping myself up at their expense puts it into a different perspective. I enjoy the rest of the quote too:

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say."

If only I could learn follow the second half as well.

• Like 2

Thanks. I think it's hard for everyone to remember that bitching often reflects worse on the bitcher than the bitchee. :) And yes the second half is great. Especially as applies to unsolicited advice, which is something I find to be at the top of my list of peeves.

As for the article, yeah it is depressing. Women are told that we should have higher self-esteem and that we are all beautiful, but when we start to act like it then we get slammed down again. Ah, what a world, what a world.

• Like 2

Oh have any of you seen this? It's a girl who decided to accept every compliment given to her online rather than just brushing it off or downplaying it... the results are equally dismaying...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/this-is-what-happens-when-women-actually-accept-a-compliment#.lbDZY4vDKj

I was actually doing exactly this after reading the article to see what the results would be before I deleted my profile, and lo and behold the guys were not pleased when you just accepted their compliments and didn't bow down to them immediately :P

I actually haven't found I've received many dick pics at all, whether in this profession or when online dating. But I have received an abundance of disgusting, rude, derogatory, and just plain mean messages, especially if you reject the guy.

The world of online dating if a terrifying place, I'm steering clear for now!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

Interesting Experiment.... not sure why guys have to be like that.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

What would you do, did a segment on their show that involved different looking people stealing a bike, breaking into a car and stealing a dog, anytime the "hot " looking girl was used as the model she was helped to commit the crime, everyone else was confronted. Makes you wonder when people say looks don't matter, they certainly seem to when it comes to asking men! Thanks for the interesting thread:)