this case was astonishing to me

I saw that on twitter and as appalled at what they put that poor man through. Some people need to be kicked in the ass and kicked over again. Very sad. I want to hug that poor soul.

• Like 1

I appreciate this quote from the defendant Henry Rayhons' attorney. "Personally it was very close to me," he said. "And professionally it was frankly offensive to me that the government should engage in some sort of monitoring between a husband and a wife." (The attorney's mother, who also had Alzheimer's, passed away just before the end of the trial. Thus the "Personally" comment.)

For more information on how this whole thing ended up in the courts, read this.

Henry Rayhons' stepchild denies bitterness played role

• Like 2

this was an awful thing to read.

To be put through that during the worst time of his life, it's shameful.

When someone has dimentia, even to the state of when doctor's 'advise' things not commence, the wife would have been scared out of her wits with her husband having sex with her! She wouldn't have known who he was and would have called out for help.

Unless she was screaming for someone to help her, how on earth does anyone know what actually happened in that room?

As for the 'dropping off something in the laundry cart' scenario, maybe he jerked off in the room with her present. Who the hell knows.

I find it offensive that nursing homes go this far as to accuse anyone of this without proper evidence. If the woman was as far gone with dimentia as the doctor's say she was, she would not have been a witness to her own defense as to what took place.

Someone overstepped the boundaries on this one!

Thank you for the link, this case hits home to me, very much, as my mother passed away of Dimensia, and was in a Manor, the story in itself, to say the least is tragic, Mr. Rayhon is losing his wife, and in one of the most saddest deaths possible, my heart goes out to him. Dimensia has over 200 varieties, and unfortunately the link did not state what stage of the disease she was in, which would have played a huge role in determining if she was scared of having sex, if even that took place, or if she was even in the stage of the disease , that she knew who her husband even was,, the manors and facility's do have rules that do not allow sex in their rooms, which I can understand, pending on wandering patients and medical staff coming and going, I am happy that he was aquitted of the charges, as he did not need the agony of a trial , after losing his wife, even before she passed away, due to the Dimensia, my thoughts are with him, and I do feel from his case, government should look at the need for sexual contact for patients in homes, with their spouse, as long as they are able to do so