the cost of a litre of regular gas here in Kenora is 1.08.9 and that same litre in Winnipeg is 93.9. always was about 8 or 9 cents different but now it's 15 cents thanks to our wonderful new HST.

I used to wait till I was on the Ontario side to get gas, now I fill up on the Quebec side. I think the fuel companies have as much to do with it as the HST people.

Interesting they tax diapers women s hygiene products toilet paper and common drugs. I guess there is a long list of items that our dear government believes should only be available to the haves, the have nots can wallow in there own crap.

And we all know gas is evil, not only does it give the people freedom to move (we should all be hold up watching our PVR's of the lifestyles of the rich and famous you know, those kind of shows give the commoners hope!) But that stuff can also be put into trucks that transport food... from farmers... a double evil food and farmers should be penalized for thinking they are required. After all a good does of soylent green never hurt anyone!

Really we should thank the government for this further separation of class, it is amazing how much power you can yield with just a small amount of money (if you know how to use it). Of course if that small amount of money is ALL your money then the government wants it back immediately!! You can replace it at an exorbitant amount of interest and line the haves pockets a bit more, god knows they need it!

I used to wait till I was on the Ontario side to get gas, now I fill up on the Quebec side.

This is the first time I can remember gas being cheaper on the Quebec side. Another offshoot of the HST.

It is pretty simply, and I have been doing it for a while, make a trip over to the Quebec side. While purchasing some food goods, and 55 cans of beer-Love those cases :),some wine and of course some spirits. I always filled up in gas, and now with the gas prices, I will just go more frequently when I can to purchase more then just the gas.

I just got back from the States and paid on average 2.80 Canadian $ for a US gallon of gas which is about 3.8 litres (74 cents a litre). On top of that, did you know that Canada exports more oil to Texas than Texas produces. In fact Canada is top crude oil provider to the US even ahead of Saudi Arabia. So why doesn't the Government/ oil companies pass on some of these profits to keep our prices down at home. After all, Canada has long lines of communication and we need to drive to get around and see our vast country.

• Like 1

Agree Reddogo1, it is just like the province of Quebec selling its electricity to the states for a lower rate then consumers are paying here at home. :confused:

Almost all of Quebec's power comes from clean hydroelectric generation and the excess is sold mostly to the U.S.

Even if Ontario paid a significant premium over and above the U.S. price, it would be cheaper than building new generation plant!!!

That is why we are THE most important trade partner with the US, we give them a huge amount of there energy. 90% of Alberta fuel is exported to the US. And the impact of Hydro from Quebec on the North Eastern US including hamlets and villages like Boston and New York City is massive without Quebec those cities would go Brown.

The only utility going to my house is Hydro, A/C, Heat, Stove, fountains, etc... and here in Quebec my average monthly bill is about $110 :) So it is subsidized thanks to the sale to the US.

Every once in a while there is some noise from the southern states about cutting back on Canada and confusion from the yanks about why they give us preferred trade status. Obama had a hole American theme to his relief packages and how not even Canada would be considered as a supplier for this stuff. When an aid whispered in his ear about the energy deal with Canada he zipped it immediately and nothing was ever said again. It is a huge stick that we hold over the Amercians heads and have for a while but if we get to cocky we could become the next US States.

Victoria BC's Gas Price ppl is $112.9...

Unbelievable

ya. you guys have a new HST also.

Even the CERBY gals have to collect 13% instead of 5% and give it to the government

I'm now at an 8% dissadvantage on the labour against the contractors that come down from Winnipeg. Thanks Dalton, that'll realy help my business.

I can drive 30 miles to West Hawk and get gas for 94.9 so that's worth it for a full tank