Summer time make up..the what's and what not's

Thought I would start this thread as sun tan season is upon us.

Myself, I tend to use more make up in the winter months or for evening dates. I find to wear make up, and being a sun loving creature as I am, that make up is very messy and heavy during summer months.

Ladies, what is your preference for this season?

I like a light BB cream with a slight tint and SPF added to it. With just a small amount of mascara and lip gloss. Not much else other than that.

Gent's, if seeing a lady in hot summer days, do you mind the minimal approach or do you get disappointed if a lady wears bare minimum ( make up lol )

What are your beauty care regiments do during summer months?

I've always liked the minimal approach for any season :)

Always found the natural look so sweet & beautiful.

Mind you, it doesn't bother me if she has full on makeup either. I'm spending time with her because I enjoy her company, not because of the amount of makeup she has on, well unless she has so much on she looks like the joker. That would be a bit too distracting ;)

Either way, full or bare, women are still my favourite!

<3

• Like 3

I've always liked the minimal approach for any season :)

Always found the natural look so sweet & beautiful.

Mind you, it doesn't bother me if she has full on makeup either. I'm spending time with her because I enjoy her company, not because of the amount of makeup she has on, well unless she has so much on she looks like the joker. That would be a bit too distracting ;)

Either way, full or bare, women are still my favourite!

<3

So glad to hear this perspective:)

I do like to show myself in my best light which is sometimes Aux Natural lol.

• Like 1

I know in the summer I definitely need to wear less makeup, it gets so hot in the city it would all come off anyways!

I love BB creams for the summer, they're perfect, and I like to try a lot more funky colours on my eyes or lips too :)

My freckles always come out in the summer too, so I'd hate to cover them up, they're too cute!

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

Guest y**min***

Love love love the tinted moisturizer from Origins for the summer. It provides a lovely dewy glow that looks perfect with a tan or some bronzer.

Really, the only change that I make for the summer is that I wear bronzer instead of just blush. My make-up is usually quite minimal otherwise with mascara and cherry-flavoured chapstick hehe.

Love love love the tinted moisturizer from Origins for the summer. It provides a lovely dewy glow that looks perfect with a tan or some bronzer.

Really, the only change that I make for the summer is that I wear bronzer instead of just blush. My make-up is usually quite minimal otherwise with mascara and cherry-flavoured chapstick hehe.

Hmmm I am going to look for that, is Origins sold in specialty shops or at Shoppers?

Less is best for summertime. The best remedies and protections for nice skin are sunscreen and drinking water, especially with lemon. I have oily skin and don't tan so a powder for me is a must. Cornstarch works great for blotting. I also like lip gloss and mascara. For a date however I like an erotic look, and love "making up " as part of my getting ready, eye make up and lips especially:)

• Like 1

My personal preference is less is best all the time. In real life and this life I've favoured those who don't wear any including lipstick. Not a glamour guy at all... girl next door natural beauties for me.

Bonus is no fighting for mirror space in the morning :)

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I tend to wear little to no make-up or when I do wear make-up it's very light. Light brush with mascara, eye liner and some eye shadow. I rarely put any cover up on. I enjoy my natural face with the freckles. :)

• Like 1

Guest y**min***

^ definitely agree less is more (especially during the summertime)

I suffer from a mild case of rosacea on my cheeks but it is pretty much gone after taking a prescribed pill and laser treatments. I dont like to wear a lot of makeup during the day. I wear sunscreen with zinc oxide, a creamy makeup primer and a light liquid foundation with light eye shadow in beiges and pinks with rosy colored lipstick and mascara. For nighttime and I'm not outside, I like to do smokey eye makeup. I dont use a lot,of,translucent powder because it makes my face,look dry.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

I rarely if ever wear make-up ever, the only product I use daily is stilla 10 in 1 HD beauty balm. And the odd lip gloss. Summer is definitely the time if you wear makeup to not wear any and enjoy the fresh look of summer on your face from a day in the sun :)

• Like 2

Well my preference for ladies is little or no make-up. Make-up should complement, not cover up a lady.

As for me, while no make up ;-) when I'm outdoors especially fishing, where the sun doesn't just beat down on you from above, it also reflects off the water I wear 70 block sunscreen, and reapply regularly throughout the day. Also I wear sunglasses and a wide brimmed (Tilley) hat.

RG

• Like 1

Guest y**min***
Hmmm I am going to look for that, is Origins sold in specialty shops or at Shoppers?

Got mine at The Bay :). It's call the VitaZing Energy Boosting moisturizer.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I much prefer the natural look on a woman during the day.Night time I seem to like it when my date wears minimal makeup. As I burn easily because of my Nordic DNA I wear sun block with a minimum of SPF 30.I also wear a wide brimmed hat from my hat collection. Yes I am a collector of hats.

I don't wear much makeup to begin with (bit of concealer, some blush so I don't look dead and lip tint).

The only thing I change: I switch from a winter-dry skin moisturizer to something lighter for the summer.

The only time I wear eye makeup is for photo shoots or if requested.

• Like 1

I rarely if ever wear make-up ever, the only product I use daily is stilla 10 in 1 HD beauty balm. And the odd lip gloss. Summer is definitely the time if you wear makeup to not wear any and enjoy the fresh look of summer on your face from a day in the sun :)

I am going to try that Stilla 10, I just picked up a BB cream from Marcelle and I am very disappointed. Actually feels heavier than my usual foundation, grrrr 25.00 later! lol.

I am going to try that Stilla 10, I just picked up a BB cream from Marcelle and I am very disappointed. Actually feels heavier than my usual foundation, grrrr 25.00 later! lol.

You won't be disappointed with the Stilla one, if you order on line from their site first time orders get 10% off ;) Get the normal one (silver container) or the luminating one (pinkish container) and it lasts a long time

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

Summertime = shiny forehead.

Solution? Clean and clear blotting papers. Works instantly