Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and the media

I have to say, after listening to the Social ( and other media) today I was left a bit frustrated at the media!

The statement that caught my attention was....

" what kind of fashion icon will should she be"

LIKE REALLY????

is that all a princess should aspire to be?

Diana did so much for:

human rights in the most oppressive countries,

brought women's equality to the table of everyday people

shown support to her soldiers,

personally worked for clean water in many countries,

food fairness and education rights of girls everywhere!

So... Princess Charlotte will be viewed as a mere fashion statement???

I find this a sad day for young women looking up to the Royal Family for what to aspire to be! Princess Charlotte can be anything and many things!

To reduce her future as merely a fashion statement is a disgrace to the intelligence and power the Royal Family could have good or bad!

What was your thought upon hearing this?

• Like 2

Well you were watching the Social and look at the fake, pretentious women who host it?

In all reality they have nothing better to talk about, and who would watch their awful show if they don't talk fashion?

Im sure with Will and Kate for Parents both George and Charlotte will grow up with the proper values instilled in them. They have done a great job keeping George out of the media and trying to raise him as normal as possible. Im sure it will continue with Charlotte as well.

Charity will be a major part of both of those children's lives, Will and Kate while royalty are as grounded as it gets.

• Like 2

Well you were watching the Social and look at the fake, pretentious women who host it?

In all reality they have nothing better to talk about, and who would watch their awful show if they don't talk fashion?

Im sure with Will and Kate for Parents both George and Charlotte will grow up with the proper values instilled in them. They have done a great job keeping George out of the media and trying to raise him as normal as possible. Im sure it will continue with Charlotte as well.

Charity will be a major part of both of those children's lives, Will and Kate while royalty are as grounded as it gets.

Thanks for posting on this topic, and great perspective too!

However, as my title is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and the media....

I am speaking on how the media is portraying this event. Be it the Social or even then news. I feel it is disgraceful to use that headliner as a way to report "news" as in fashion news when so much more can be represented.

• Like 1

I think I'll send Will and Kate a copy of Robert Munsch's 'Paper Bag Princess' as a baby gift!

• Like 1

I met Princess Diana as part of Girl Guides years ago when she visited Canada and she was definitely an Earth Angel. I use this term because she had this childlike, empathetic quality about her towards others but I could also sense she was in a constant tug of war with the media and her work for mankind like she wanted to be herself but couldn't because of the pressure from being a public figure. She definitely had more substance about her than just being a fashion icon.

Looking back, she had this higher vibration about her like she really was here to give love and compassion to those here on Earth. I believe she was a light worker but I digress. She had given a lot to the world other than the dress she was wearing but because she had that loving, compassionate qualities for mankind, this radiated even more when you would see her in the media. When a person is beautiful on the inside, it has to choice but to show itself on the outside. This is simply Diana.

The media is all about ego based thoughts and fake. By all accounts, Diana raised and instilled good values in Prince William and Prince Harry. Princess Kate was raised in a very grounded loving family and I'm sure they will continue to do the same for their new family. Her parents would never just let her be a public figure for the fashion world. There is more to that family than meets the eye.

Sometimes watching t.v. now is just b.s lol. There is more to life than just what someone is wearing. I'm sure this little baby will grow up to be a smart, compassionate and caring woman.

• Like 1