How Do You De-Stress? Besides The Obvious

Being a single parent, "me time" doesn't happen often. But I do enjoy getting out on my motorcycle. Sometimes it's a battle - dodging absent-minded drivers.. but most of the time, it is a relaxing ride. There are plenty of semi-smooth roads in the Ottawa Valley to explore... especially in the Calabogie area.. beautiful scenery that's mostly absent of commercial vehicles.

CM :-)

1 - Hook up the boat and go get lost on the Lake and fish a bit. You don't have to catch anything.

Gotta agree with you bassnut, taking the boat out and go fishing.

Nothing like first thing in the morning (6am or earlier) and your on the water. Even with no fish, the getting back to nature is relaxing and destressing

RG

i love going up on a beautiful weekend to the cottage and bringing something with me crafty...like a canvas that I haven't touched in a while ..or a purse that needs some sewing....doing crafty things takes my mind off of things.

lately I've been putting together IKEA stuff while watching a movie....or taking old wood furniture to the back-yard to spray a new coat of paint on it

with me it's music. music is one of my biggest passion (the ladies beeing my #1 passion of course). i either just relax and listen the my fav cd's or vinyls or go shopping the find some rare stuff to ad to my collection.

I pet my big fluffy orange cat and played with him for a good half hour tonight. it made me happy and definitely took my brain off things. Theres something about being in the presence of another person or animal thats relaxed and feeling good....the feeling it contagious :-)

(and no dirty jokes as to me petting my pussy and what that means lol)

I love cleaning kitchens... washing dishes and the like...

I also love cooking to de-stress, hence the cleaning beforehand I think...

It all leads to the comfort foods I think.. I eat to be happy, so yeah food and what leads up to food is my de-stressor

You can clean my kitchen anytime, honey...oh and cook for me!

I usually veg in front of the TV and make it a nite alone with my comfort foods.