Good try folks, thanks for all of your hard work. I will just find something else to do on Thursday cause I am not gonna cancel a trip to Ottawa cause there is no Social.

Oh no, I was just going to ask to buy some tickets since the later July date worked well! :(

Ah well, that's sad to hear, and big thanks to those that tried making it happen this month, your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Posted via Mobile Device

me too....im coming in town on th 23...boo :(

Should I be concerned that the money I paid for tickets has not been returned? and Pm's not returned either. I guess its a matter of trust. Once the Social was cancelled, the money should have been returned or asked if it was going to the next one maybe?

Should I be concerned that the money I paid for tickets has not been returned? and Pm's not returned either. I guess its a matter of trust. Once the Social was cancelled, the money should have been returned or asked if it was going to the next one maybe?

give it some time, you'll get your refund

• Like 1

It has only been a couple of days since the cancellation was announced. Bear in mind that the people who organize the socials do so entirely voluntarily, get pretty much nothing in return, and have jobs and other things going on in their lives. If they decide that they can't be bothered any more, we'll all be much the poorer for it. The fact that they've just put a lot of time and effort into organizing an event that not enough people can go to - despite the fact that some folks had been explicitly asking for it - is hardly going to be encouraging for them. Giving them shit over the refunds this soon - and publicly, at that - is probably not going to help.

• Like 8

well i'd say he hasn't seen that you want your money back but if your broke for sure he will send it to you i paid for ticket's before and couldn't make it never asked for my money back, it bought ladies drinks....but if he don't pay you i will don't want to see you broke

Guest N***he**Ont**y

It is up to you to contact by PM to arrange for your refund.

Guest P*rry

Loneskater,

Thank you for the time and effort put into organizing the socials. The events have introduced me to a number of personalities behind the posts that I enjoy reading.

I appreciated your updates about numbers and the way you handled the postponement.

Your gung-ho spirit to make things happen is mirrored in your helping a friend in the restaurant.

Thanks again, and see you in September.

Regards,

Joseph

It has been 5 days and thats more than enough time. And lets be clear, I know all about running socials. Oh how soon we forget that I am the one that started these things off that were so successful. There were ones before me, a few people meeting in bars. The ones I did had 50+ people at them. I even spent $400 out of my own pocket to cover things. So I know very well what is involved and how thankless a job it is.

Now that being said, all I was looking for was a reply. NO PM's have been responded to and I was simply asking for information.

As an organizer, if you take it upon yourself there are responsibilities that come with that. One of those responsibilities is to manage money and assure the people giving it that its safe. Not hearing back and no response from multiple Pm's for 5 days is not acceptable. I dont know the organizer and in this hobby getting ripped off is always on the top of your mind. I am not saying I was ripped off so dont start flaming me.

All I am saying is a little communication goes a long way, and in this case the communication was non existant.

My apologies to be so direct, but if they were so successful you are welcome to do the next one

"By the way the Christmas social I spent thousands from my pocket to have it ready, you can ask loneskater or Mister T". When you do things you never expect things back, when is upset ask for everything in return"

And yes loneskater has being very busy, and if you do send an email address he can refund your money, but if you don't where would you like to being send to?

ALEXXANDRIA

• Like 3

Thats all been done. And I never asked for that $400 money back. My point was that I have done socials and I know its thankless. I certainly was not thanked. I have pm'd pver 5 days ago. I pm'd the email address. I have done everything one would expect to do.

on my opinion you overreacted please send him email asap, he will be going on holidays tomorrow, and he will be happy to return your money.

• Like 1

Let's take s deep breath here and I'm not into a flame war. That said, the requests for the little bit of money would of been best to had done in private. It leaves a bad taste in the two individuals that put in their endless efforts to organize these events. Yes everyone has done some kind of organization in fund raisers, socials,golf outings but out of respect as I've done numerous of these type of events we try to please everyone, and to respond within 5 days or 10 days whatever the case might be its best to have some kind of patience for VOLUNTEERS.

This never should of come out in this thread about monies owned.

My humble opinion.

And Alexxandria and Skates thanks for ALL you both do, it is difficult to please everyone.

• Like 9

All I did was ask a question as I did not get any responses from the organizer. What I got was all sorts of attacks.. What happened to Cerb the helpfull board? If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it? I don't believe I was rude in any way with asking what I was, how did I over-react. Multiple Pm's were not answered and no communication from the organizer.

Perhaps MOD should look at these posts and sensor those that are leaving the negative comments. Telling me I am cheap and so on.

IF you look at my question I was concerned because I did not hear back from the organizer. All I was looking for was information. For all you hates out there perhaps you should not post such things on the Helpfull Cerb board.

Also it should be pointed out that I was one of the few that actually supported this social by buying tickets. So I was a supporter of this

For the record I have sent the transfer with an extra dollar, now that I have been given a proper address to send it.

BTW, did I forget to mention that a certain person, that claims to be the founder of the socials, tried to use that to come in for free at a recent social. Anyone who knows mistert can confirm this information. There is an old saying not to spit in the air as it might fall back on ur face.

• Like 5

It's good this matter has been resolved now.

I'm very surprised to see so much anger about a few dollars. I get the idea of the importance of communication, but would suggest that a more generous and understanding approach with loneskater and Alexxandria would have been more appropriate and more effective.

bellafan

• Like 2

I had asked as in past other people who put on socials recognized a common courtesy for the time and effort put into past socials. As I did the same for them. Obviously its all about the money for you. Perhaps if you cannot conduct yourself with a bit of decorum, you should leave it to others. I cant imagine how I am being painted a bad guy in all this. I support your social when apparently only 1 other person did. All of this could be avoided if you just had an open line of communication with participants.

And thanks for telling me I am not allowed at any other socials, thats really adult of you. Perhaps others viewing this will be wary about sending you money in the first place if your going to be treated like this.

Other than the Socials, I dont think you even go to Sp's or MA's. This is your social circle which is pretty sad IMO.

I wont be posting here again in this thread as Loneskater has seen his way to finally PM me. I noticed he had time to post here but not answer my PM's originally. I am sorry but there is no Future trust here for you.

I don't think you had realized you look like a fool. And trying to make Loneskater to look bad is not acceptable, you over reacted period. And whatever he decides to do with his free time or who he sees is his personal choice. We had over 20 tickets sold and you are the only one that made a fuss about it.

And If you don't appreciate all his work for community too bad, you cant please everyone. And Im glad there were not more post from you about this matter, because certainly each time you look even worse than before

To all pms I received regarding this issue and supporters my dear thanks

• Like 2

Well, that took an interesting turn, didn't it.

I would humbly suggest that since the "Ottawa summer social" is a no-go, this thread should be closed and a new one for the Ottawa September Social be initiated.

• Like 5

Wow this is a real pissing war! Glad I am not involved haha! The people to blame are all of the people that want a Social but then are too busy to show up and make it a success. I have been coming since the start and if somebody is out a few bucks or feels fucked I will gladly throw in a few bucks to help them out. I just wish I had not given money to that panhandler today then I would have had a extra few bucks to throw in the pot. Good job Skates & Alexandra!

Guest ***y****9

This thread shows why some cerb members needs a social. People need tograb a few cold ones, put a steak on the bbq and CHILL.

Enjoy the summer and remember we do this for fun!

Your last sentence "or asked it was going to the next one maybe" perhaps things in this thread would of been best left at that. Even if it was September social or the Christmas social, its paid for in advance.

If it was myself that's what I would done, my monies are paid for the next one. No big deal. Now we have words exchanged, people getting on either side of a phrase used, just makes me think, f$&k was it ALL worth it?

I don't think it was worth it at all.....so even it was 5 days 10 days 15 days, people are on vacation, working, operating and running a business I don't think anyone's intention was NOT to refund your funds.

I shake my head at shit like this, no wonder ALOT of us than been here for quite sometime don't post here anymore, I'll stay over at another site rather than reading about someone having a melt down over 45 bucks or whatever. And yes it's your money but seriously ???

I posted on this thread because 2 volunteers were (IMHO) attacked and as far as I'm concerned it was not required, and I would defend people that take time out of their busy lives organizing an event that others can enjoy. Hopefully this doesn't f$&k up future events.

Peace out! Catch you on Twitter

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

He is totally out of line here and I am sure this thread will be soon deleted.See you on Twitter!