Last Minute Cancelations

I just had yet another last minute cancellation. At least this one was decent enough to say something. The last guy never even messaged to cancel. He just left me sitting in the parking lot waiting for the room number. Tonight's cancelation didn't message until 10 minutes after our scheduled time. Disappointing but at least I'm not left sitting again.

My question is this. I'm still fairly new in this industry and as an independent I don't have an agency helping to book my appointments. How common are last minute cancels and should I consider changing my policy of only 1 to 2 appointments on available days to account for cancels? Right now this week has cost me money rather then made me money since I'm out travel costs now for two appointments.

I know what you mean... I understand things happen.. people get cold feet <ahem> balls... but courtesy would at least be to contact as yes, it costs money when someone takes a spot that could have been filled by someone who would use it...

I am a MP, and have my share of no-shows, which always seem to happen on days where the book is full, and I am turning people down for appointments and then could have seen them if only I had known someone wasn't going to show......

I would set your schedule how *you* are comfortable with it... I have taken to booking one extra, rather than less.. to account for at least one no-show a day (on average).... that way, I am not wasting time, nor left hanging.

I always ask via email for people to let me know well in advance if for any reason they are not going to make it.. and it helps to, to confirm the appointment maybe the day before wherever possible.. as a reminder that the expectation is that you are going to show up...

I am a veeeeeeery nice kitty... just don't tick me off too much ;)

Sadly most of the last minute 'cancellations' and no shows are actually time wasters who had no intention in the first place of following through. For whatever reason they get some sort of thrill thinking about us getting ready for them, turning down others for them and then surprising us with not showing up. Sad but true! That is why I only do out calls if it is a hotel and I need the room number to call them to confirm it is legit before booking. Same with no shows at an in call. I have personally seen ladies text multiple times and calling them and getting upset/angry at them and letting them know how they had to drive to the incall and turn down other people etc but that is exactly what they want so I do not entertain them at all and text or call to 'see where they are'.

That is why I really really appreciate all the sweet and amazing gentlemen that I do meet and that exceed my expectations :) Mad love for you guys!!! :D <3

Additional Comments:

Sadly most of the last minute 'cancellations' are actually guys time wasters who for whatever reason get some sort of thrill thinking about us getting ready for them, turning down others for them and then surprising us with no showing. Sad but true! That is why I only do out calls if it is a hotel and I need the room number to call them to confirm it is legit before booking. Same with no shows at an in call. I have personally seen ladies text multiple times and calling them and getting upset/angry at them, but that is exactly what they want so I do not entertain them at all and text or call to 'see where they are'.

That is why I really really appreciate all the sweet and amazing gentlemen that I do meet and that exceed my expectations :)

I just had yet another last minute cancellation. At least this one was decent enough to say something. The last guy never even messaged to cancel. He just left me sitting in the parking lot waiting for the room number. Tonight's cancelation didn't message until 10 minutes after our scheduled time. Disappointing but at least I'm not left sitting again.

My question is this. I'm still fairly new in this industry and as an independent I don't have an agency helping to book my appointments. How common are last minute cancels and should I consider changing my policy of only 1 to 2 appointments on available days to account for cancels? Right now this week has cost me money rather then made me money since I'm out travel costs now for two appointments.

yeah, number one rule is know where you are going before you leave home (or wherever you happen to be). that includes the room number if you are being sent to a hotel. in the case of hotels, you do not set up appts via cel phones, they have to be confirmed guests which means they call from the hotel number, and/or you call them thru the front desk to the room

there are no exceptions to this, as there are no exceptions to the safety call, the one you made before you left home giving a friend the exact location of this date, the time you arrive, the time you leave. no exceptions.

there are some sps who wouldn't dream of agreeing to do an outcall without first getting references from him of other sps he has seen, contact the sps to verify he will not no show, no call to cancel or cancel with no notice. it is also a safety issue.

if you do outcalls to a home, again you get all address info, if it is an apartment, you get suite number. you then use your computer to google the address to be sure it actually exists, and again, make that phone call. make a safety call as well when you arrive at destination, in view of the client. no exceptions, including and maybe especially for repeats.

You will find this is more fun when you don't allow guys to push your limits or cost you $$ by fake booking, and being new that is definitely going to happen. don't put new in your ads, make sure you add 'new to the area', indicating you are an experienced provider. however, you show inexperience by not getting full address info and verifying room info with a phone call, these kinds of fakers really enjoy playing that game. just show before they contact you that you know what you are doing, and that they aren't going to be able to get away with it

the way to get around your schedule limits, is you get appts confirmed within an hour of the time. just do shorter notice appts, so no one can prebook a set time that they don't follow thru on. they can only do this if they provide references, for example.

so far, I have only had one utter no-show via here....but it really threw a wrench into things.. so I supposein the grande scheme of things that's not bad... but I don't bother calling/texting or what have you either... they wasted enough of my time, so not worth any more of it.. plain and simple.

I myself, do not do outcalls.. they come to me, so at least the safety factor is nice in that manner...

'quick' bookings are nice (within an hour or so of contact) as there is no time for screwing around :) (no pun intended hehe)

have fun! going to go fall down now ;)

Well I normally am able to confirm all those address details. I normally book locals. I have a group of trusted friends that are my safety calls for this and I'm strict on making sure they have all the info. My no shows were guys that found me through this site and were travelling from off island. I learnt my lesson about confirming before I go anywhere.

I said I was still fairly new to the industry but I'm not new to arranging meet ups. I've been doing that for years lol. Someone just suggested that since I enjoy it so much I might enjoy doing it as a job lol. I guess I just showed a bit of naivety by thinking those from this site were just as legit for bookings as the locals that found me on CL. Definitely going to take this info to help in the future. Thank you ladies for the input. I really appreciate it.

What they say about common sense (being not that common) can also be applied to common courtesy I'm afraid. It can come from both sides to though. I was stood up yesterday as well. It was a short notice same day booking. She is not a member here so I am not calling anyone out. She told me the general part of the city with the understanding that she would text me the address when I got closer. I texted her when I got close. No response. I texted a few more times and tried to call over the next half hour but nothing. Never did hear from her and waisted my whole afternoon. Not intending to rant. Just pointing out that it can be frustrating from both sides when courtesy is not used.

never ever go to a hotel call without knowing the room number first.

It is a red flag to me when I get told they will send the room number when I say I am there.

I always confirm that the gentleman is actually a registered guest at the hotel, by having them tell me the name the room is registered under and the room number then I call them through the front desk and speak with them directly.

If a gentleman does not want to give this information, then I do not leave my place to go see them.

Why should I waste my time travelling to someone who has no intent on seeing me when I could see someone that truly wants to see me?

As for girls not showing up? At least a call, text, email from them to let you know that they are not able to make it would at least be courteous.

I've had to cancel at last minute, due to unforeseen circumstances, but the gentleman always gets notice.

• Like 1

I no longer do out appointments but have done plenty in the past. Yes, there have been cancellations and it's par for the course. However, there are ways of getting the time wasters out of the way before they were to ever lay their eyes on you.

1) Sniff the guy out like a bloodhound. I have become very intuitive over the years. Tell them straight out that you need to speak with them on the phone to book the appointment and that you will not book by text or email. If they don't follow through, they are from the WOT territory which I personally will never venture into if I can help it.

Within 20 seconds, I know if I like the guy or not and I'm always right. If something in your gut doesn't feel right or they are asking questions that don't feel right, excuse yourself and tell them you are not available. It is your right to see and not see whoever you like. I have my own certain policies I've created and if I don't like the way someone sounds on the phone, I won't go through with it.

Sometimes guy will text me with one liners such as "Rates, service, location?" or "Address?" or "Avail?". They can't even type the full word out! What does that say right there? These type of men will NEVER get a response from me without a polite greeting first. Those three phrases right there just show what type of people they are and I won't meet with someone who can't even begin with the word "Hello". These are the types of invaluable things you will learn that no one else can teach you in this business. You have to command the respect in order to receive it. Those types of clowns will be ignored and usually from my experience they are tire kickers or WOTS ( waste of timers as we call it).

2)The Test- Confirm your rates etc upfront so there is no confusion and whatever else that requires an explanation. During that time, get a feel for what kinds of questions they ask. If they are not asking many questions, that is a red flag right there. If they seem eager to book without hesitation, I always get a weird feeling. Intuitively they are a wot to me without asking about rates. Even if they've seen the rate, most men will always confirm it and some other questions. Bill C 36 doesn't exist to some men when asking certain types of questions but that's an entirely different subject...

3) Verification - Ask for their first and last name they are registered with through the hotel and get the room number. If they refuse, then decline the appointment. I would not recommend going to any out appointment without verification. It's too risky especially at someone's residence. You are no longer in your own surroundings hence the possibility of danger and worse if they are anonymous. Once you get the first and last name, call the hotel and make sure it is at a time when they will be in their room. I used to do this if they called from a cell, I would get the information and call moments later if they happened to be in the room. If not, I said I wouldn't book until they could be in the room to receive the call.

4) Keep in touch - This is just as important as ALL of the above. If this is an appointment booked hours, day or weeks in advance, follow up with a text or email the day before, the day of and most importantly tell them YOU will need to call them an hour before you leave your own place. If I don't get a text or a phone call from someone when I've asked them to call or if I can call them, I consider the appt a no go. I will start booking other appts. The onus is on them to call and confirm. I will not leave my own place until I receive confirmation and often times I would ask that they be in their room.

I personally have had much more luck with last minute out appointments. When I say last minute, I mean within 1-2 hours. Something ALWAYS seems to happen from the time you book in advance and right before meeting. A lot of clients schedules may change because they are in town with colleagues, etc and sometimes things happen such as their flight being delayed, work trip postponed or cancelled, etc.

Also make sure they haven't been out drinking too much with the boys during dinner and are impaired. If you sense that on the phone before you leave your place, then you have saved yourself some time and valuable energy of your own. No one wants to deal with a drunk client. I've walked out before as result. I refuse to deal with that sort of thing and it's not a safe situation to be in. I will sometimes call the room before I go into the hotel to make sure this isn't the case and to make sure they sound "normal".

Do not wait to get the room number when you get to the parking lot. Without judgement, this is a rookie mistake but you have learned something from it. We have all been there at one point or another. Also, as others have said, always have a safe call with someone you can call once you enter the room and when you are leaving and finally when you have completely exited the building in your vehicle or whatever transportation you have arranged. Let them know where you are from the beginning until the end.

Because you're new, you will suffer some hard knocks but always persevere. I have dealt with some mega wots over the years but with each experience, you will always learn something new and carry that forward with you in business. Sending positive vibes your way for good out appointments!