Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't

Guest P*rry

The video reminded me of the spirit behind CERB - "If you do not have anything nice to say ... please don't say anything at all." The video showed how words both positive and negative can impact a person's self esteem. The take away message for me was treat yourself with respect and acknowledge your own dignity as a person.

I felt sad watching that video.

A beautiful girl that shows her true self and is bashed for doing so!

WTF is wrong with people these days?

Perfection is hard to come by and those that have perfect skin work at it to have it and keep it that way.

No one is perfect!

I do not have perfect skin. I treat my skin from the inside out and yes, I wear makeup.

I don't wear makeup to cover things, I do wear it to enhance what I feel (and have been told) is my best feature, my eyes.

I don't look at people by their imperfections. I don't judge anyone, and neither should anyone else.

She sends a powerful message.

Guest *Ste***cque**

We love to judge. What else could reasonably explain this behaviour? Whether it's looks, status, intelligence, occupation, OPINION, you must fit in with the "group". Otherwise you are pitied, shamed, scorned... Some days I hate humans! I yearn for a better future. Until then, I try to behave as if I can make a small difference with a smile or polite word to those I run into in my day to day boring life.

Those comments are disturbing which is why I detest social media. Based on that video, we live in a pathetic society. Actually I don't give a shit what people think anymore. I'm beautiful on the inside and outside and I can say that without being arrogant because I no longer base my decisions on what society thinks. It's called loving yourself from within and when you do that, the ego begins to die off. Self acceptance takes shape amidst all of the flaws which you learn to love.

Take me as I am. And most people do because I attract them. The others can go fly a kite and they stay away. We live in a very dense society and we should all appreciate the simple things that make up this world that we live in and not what others think of your makeup or hair. When people say those sorts of things, they have the problem within themselves. Not you.

And one final thing... Perfection is an END result. It means that you can no longer grow as an individual. There is no such thing as perfection and if there was, how would our lives be meaningful? Without contrast, there is no room to grow or experience new things or feeling joyful. Without the one, there is no other.

• Like 2

This made me want to cry... I suffer from acne, especially around the burn scar on my face. I was tortured and tormented by people regarding my skin for a long time... told to wear makeup or be less offensive to them. So I learned. I can do my makeup in my sleep, in less than 10minutes. I can put on moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, spot concealer, powder and then highlight what I want. Not a trace of my acne or scars shows through.... I've been called a liar for it, told I look fake and that I am gross for wearing that much makeup.

The one person who really matters... well, he thinks I look beautiful no matter what. All the others, they don't mean a thing but it still hurts. I wish people would remember that it's not a "What" that they are hurling insults at... but a "who". She may be only an image on the screen to some but she is a real person on the other end, reading all that hate =(

It is sad to say that is the way the world works, and it is not just for appearances but also for how people act and are as a person that also gets picked on or mocked by others. I have seen it time and time again how when people how do not act as others do , or be leave the same things quickly become the mocking point only for the sol reason that others do not take the time to understand the person they are abusing. most people i think just find it easier to ostracize and push away those that do not look of think like they do.

(P.s. like with all my posts i hate putting my thoughts into words lol, so i hope you get the massage)

lol auto-correct, i never even saw that "curse you technology" :)

new *"message"* never judge a person based on outwards appearance or if they act different then you.

And never trust a computer to put this message into words on a screen :)