PM's and short notice appointments..

A client of mine remarked that he recently went to see a popular SP and she had not one but two phones ringing during the appointment. She even excused herself to reply to a few texts during the appointment.

He was not impressed and said he probably won't repeat.

So the alternative to answering enquiries while we're working certainly isn't a solution.

Just for myself, this is the procedure I use.

1. I usually try to book at least 24 to 48 hours ahead (mostly because I generally prefer in calls and most girls end up having to partially rearrange their space in order to accommodate my rather large wheelchair) the dimensions of the wheelchair for those who are interested are 26 1/2 wide by 36 inches long, the weight is somewhat over 400 pounds.

2. About three hours before the appointment I call to confirm that we are still on.

3. On the way out the door I call again to confirm that she is expecting me and confirm that I have the correct information (including donation amount) just to avoid any inconvenient misunderstandings.

The key is communication.

Just for myself, this is the procedure I use.

1. I usually try to book at least 24 to 48 hours ahead (mostly because I generally prefer in calls and most girls end up having to partially rearrange their space in order to accommodate my rather large wheelchair) the dimensions of the wheelchair for those who are interested are 26 1/2 wide by 36 inches long, the weight is somewhat over 400 pounds.

2. About three hours before the appointment I call to confirm that we are still on.

3. On the way out the door I call again to confirm that she is expecting me and confirm that I have the correct information (including donation amount) just to avoid any inconvenient misunderstandings.

The key is communication.

This is perfect. I always ask for a phone call "when ready" regardless of when they first called, because if they do that we talk, we confirm, we are both on the same page, we can estimate the ETA, and if they are running early or late, or I am, we can deal with that. If you are ready to head out the door and haven't spoken at all, then show up and she is no where to be found, that is a terrible disappointment.

Usually I will request a quick call 5 minutes away or on the final approach, because I assume they will either get stuck or not stuck in traffic, and I like to light candles at this time, and it allows me that couple of minutes so I don't feel like I am bustling about or sitting and waiting waiting waiting for 3pm sharp lol.

This is perfect. I always ask for a phone call "when ready" regardless of when they first called, because if they do that we talk, we confirm, we are both on the same page, we can estimate the ETA, and if they are running early or late, or I am, we can deal with that. If you are ready to head out the door and haven't spoken at all, then show up and she is no where to be found, that is a terrible disappointment.

Usually I will request a quick call 5 minutes away or on the final approach, because I assume they will either get stuck or not stuck in traffic, and I like to light candles at this time, and it allows me that couple of minutes so I don't feel like I am bustling about or sitting and waiting waiting waiting for 3pm sharp lol.

I also like to allow myself a little extra time. It gives me a minute or two to go to a flower shop, or pick up a nice bottle of wine. I find it surprising, how many ladies are completely shocked that I took the time to pick up a small gift on the way. I find that it usually enhances the experience significantly. It's amazing what happens if the lady feels that you made an effort to make her feel a little bit special.

I find it surprising, how many ladies are completely shocked that I took the time to pick up a small gift on the way. I find that it usually enhances the experience significantly. It's amazing what happens if the lady feels that you made an effort to make her feel a little bit special.

you've got that right! it takes so little really to make someone feel special and it usually comes back in spades :)