Happy Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious?

Happy Friday the 13th all!

I'm not particularily superstitious, but I do have to admit that sometimes I wonder. I mean, what if there is something to it?

I believe it was a famous physicist (I can't remember his name) who said something in reference to believing in God or having faith in a religion and practising - basically I think the gist of it was that if you believed in God and died and there was no God, then no harm done. However, if you didn't believe in God and it turned out there was one, then you were screwed (lol! I'm sure the actual quote is a lot more eloquent than my version!)

I'm partial to this point of view and worry a little every now and then about whether there is something to superstition.

I mean, what if there really are creepy old Gypsy ladies that can make you waste away to nothing with a simple touch?

I've walked under a few ladders, broken mirrors - what if that's what was responsible for any misfortune I've experienced?

I'm fairly confident that there's nothing to superstition, but I can't know for sure... Consequently, every once and while I find myself going around the ladders and avoiding the touch of creepy, evil-looking old ladies.

I have a friend that honestly truly believes that he can effect the outcome of a Stanley Cup game by rearranging the pictures of his family on his television set - seriously! I tease him about it, but I know that he's completely normal, educated and intelligent, so really, who am I to judge?

I thought it'd be interesting to find out who else was or wasn't superstitious, what superstitions you believed in, superstitious things you might do, superstitious things your friends do, the origin of some superstitions, whatever... I thought it might be fun to share...

Yes, I'm superstitious. In fact, things have gone wrong this morning already. Hoping it will be a better day.

Update:

This morning I was stood up by a cerb member. No phone call, nothing. Perhaps in light of today and being supertitious, I'm contemplating about whether or not to take the rest of the day off. From now on, any cerb member who wants to book an appt longer than one hour will have to have a reference from another SP.

Guest s******ecan****
.....that if you believed in God and died and there was no God, then no harm done. However, if you didn't believe in God and it turned out there was one, then you were screwed....

Except that the way most religions have it laid out you have to believe in their god or you're screwed. So you have to do better than just hedging you bets you have to pick the right one. LOL;)

superstitious?...me?.....ya got to be kidding.......I was born on a Friday the 13th!!!

:twisted: 8) :twisted: :shock:

really...this is my lucky day......now to find my lucky lay:bddog:

Antlerman: I think Kimberley-Clark invented Kleenex on Friday the 13th - ah, makes total sense!

Except that the way most religions have it laid out you have to believe in their god or you're screwed. So you have to do better than just hedging you bets you have to pick the right one. LOL;)

True, that does pose a small problem, but I've devised a workaround - I've decided to believe that each and every one is the only one.

With a little help from Buddha, Barry White and a few litres of my good friend Mateus Yahweh, Allah and Vishnu will be suffering identity crises in no time. :wink:

i believe superstitious people create their own " bad luck " , they try hard to make everything right that they cant help but screw things up , whether it be subconsciously or not . they feel better because they can blame it on the black cat , walking underneath a ladder , or friday the 13th , instead of their own clusminess. ;)

Yes, I'm superstitious. In fact, things have gone wrong this morning already. Hoping it will be a better day.

Update:

This morning I was stood up by a cerb member. No phone call, nothing. Perhaps in light of today and being supertitious, I'm contemplating about whether or not to take the rest of the day off. From now on, any cerb member who wants to book an appt longer than one hour will have to have a reference from another SP.

I'm the guilty party, I'm sorry to say. I've already sent a PM to Nicolette with my apologies. Early on the Friday morning (about 1AM on the 13th) I was admitted to hospital with severe abdominal pain and I was released just today. I had no way to contact Nicolette until my return home today. Recovery will be long ... but I will recover!