cash stapped whats free to do in Ottawa

Well i am not asking for money, just want ideas of free stuff to do in Ottawa. i have some ideas such

1) 507 Bank St. where you can play cards and watch videos some days

2) pinics in Ottawa various parks

3) there are alot of free concerts but where

4)people watching in the market and parliament hill

any other suggestions

I LOVE enjoying life at the top of Gatineau park... What a view, but also relaxing place to chill...

Edited by Grass_Hopper
Mke sure your car tank is full thought...

Guest **ck***o***ee

Fishing!!! That is pretty much free..........if you dig your own worms and have your own fishing rod.

Fishing is a great way to relax and it is one of my most favorite things to do.

Worms are about 3 bux, and there many places around Ottawa you can go!

Enjoy,

Vicky Von Dee

How about going to be beach? (if the weather is nice, of course).

Fishing!!! That is pretty much free..........if you dig your own worms and have your own fishing rod.

Fishing is a great way to relax and it is one of my most favorite things to do.

Worms are about 3 bux, and there many places around Ottawa you can go!

Enjoy,

Vicky Von Dee

Free if you are under 18 or over 65. Otherwise its around $10/day.

There's lots of museums in Ottawa

And Parliament Hill for changing of the guard

Me, I like the fishing thing, but for some of us not free...boats and hi end tackle cost money...but it can be low cost too

RG

I'm not sure how often this happens, but there are free movies in Dundonald Park (on Somerset across from the Beer Store) in the evenings sometimes.

Last Saturday they showed Some Like It Hot.

Guest o*****a*****r
Free if you are under 18 or over 65. Otherwise its around $10/day.

You do not need an Ontario fishing license if you're a Canadian and/or an Ontario resident in possession of a "transportation accessible parking permit", or possess a Canadian National Institute for the Blind, National Identity Card.

The cost for a Canadian to obtain a one day fishing permit in Ontario is $12.10.

Once a year in Ontario, usually in July, Ontario has a license free day or week of fishing to promote and encourage people to try the "sport" ;-)

Just a warning that fishing can be a hobby that costs as much as hobbying on Cerb if you really enjoy it lol!

OCG

Guest ***nsut***jr

If you like the idea of fishing, you can try under many of the bridges on the Rideau. It's easily accessible and there are bass, pike and musky! It's pretty incredible what you can catch from shore.

It's really hard to do anything totally "free" but if you need certain stuff you can browse the bargain shops for cheap stuff which is an activity in itself.

Good luck.

JSJ

Biking along the Ottawa River, under Parliment Hill is fantastic. along the canal is OK when you avoid rush hour... The Ottawa Ex is free on opening day until noon (I think).

How about a stroll around the market. Enjoying the sights,sounds, and smells.

Stoping at a bookstore to look at books for an hour or so. Fun and free if you are into books.

Posted via Mobile Device

The National Art Gallery is free on Thursdays after 5pm.

There is Sunday cycle on the Rockcliffe Parkway & Ottawa River Parkway if you have a bike or rollerblades.

They close the whole parkway off to vechicles for cyclists only between 9am - 1pm until September.

You can always go for a walk along the Canal.

Heres a link I just found that will give you some ideas: http://www.ottawatourism.ca/en/media/145-free-or-nearly-free-ottawa

sit in the Rideau Centre food court and count the normal people..............

then the count would always be zero!

the definition of normality is the same as someone elses insanity, the definition of insanity is actually someone elses definition of normality.

sit in the Rideau Centre food court and count the normal people..............

And if that food court is filled up, there are lots of other malls and food courts in Ottawa, actually Canada to sit and watch normal people

Also, for fun, go to a Tim Horton's late at night...see how many normals there are out there then (might want to bring some pepper spray, just in case)

RG

Walking, jogging or biking around and taking in the parks and sights is about it now?I think just about anything else in Ottawa now is going to cost you something. There aren?t even too many places you can park a car for free anymore?this has become a bit of a costly town. It even costs to walk around the art gallery now, although it?s only a couple bucks and well worth it.