Ashley Madison - Check your email address

So, by now everyone has heard and read about the fact that the Ashley Madison Contact list is out there. Since many of the "hobbyists" on here, probably have also tried some of the other sites out there. Here is a link that can be used to see if your email address is on the "released" list?

Click the link and see if you or if you dare, your significant other, has their email address on the Ashley Madison now public list.

http://www.trustify.info/check

And if you think that "Manitobans" don't sign up for this service?

What are YOU doing on THIS site!

Check this list of MANITOBA Government and even School division accounts used:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2176104/update-list-grows-of-official-manitoba-emails-tied-to-ashley-madison-cheating-site/

Edited by ThisOneWorks
URL Correction.
  • Like 1

Guest S***tgu**9

Somewhere in this world , there is an absolutely innocent woman named Ashley Madison who is being "unfriended" and deleted from email contacts everywhere.

who is so stupid to use their real email address? Oh, I see a MP is on the list, great, the people who run our country are so stupid. LOL

There's a list floating around on the internet showing some federal public servants who registered with AM using their work email addresses.

I am outraged and find it despicable, maybe criminal that AM was breeched. Irrespective of the breach though,how stupid can some be, using their government work emails to register on sites like AM

As a sidebar on this list are a few names I recognize from the government department I used to work for

RG

• Like 1

A lot of not very smart people will be having fits over this. It plays right into the phobia a lot of people have about the internet.

Reality is it is impossible to monitor all your employee's use of the internet. Someone using the AM site is not bringing your own company into disrepute!

Especially in an environment where we need to send hundreds of emails every day, plus use the net for research.

People signing up for AM with their work address are stupid for sure. Let's be serious though. How many employees does MB Hydro have overall and how many signed up to AM? Twenty out of several thousand, so what?

Personally I am sick of hearing about this. I have zero sympathy for anyone involved and could not care less.

Guest *i*********y

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Any lawyers out there? Wouldn't possession of this list be possession of stolen goods? Wouldn't sharing this information violate about every privacy law out there? Wouldn't people in possession of this list is be charged under both of these areas?

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Any lawyers out there? Wouldn't possession of this list be possession of stolen goods? Wouldn't sharing this information violate about every privacy law out there? Wouldn't people in possession of this list is be charged under both of these areas?

Posted via Mobile Device

You might think so but apparently not. Most of the sites that have now popped up to make it easy for people to search this data have received DMCA take down notices and most have complied. Earlier in the week I was in possession of it at the request of people who needed to know how much exposure they had and didn't have the required skills to be able to locate it and search it. I could easily argue that the personal data belonged to these people that asked me to retrieve it for them, the other millions of records that necessarily came with it being just collateral.

Having helped them in the early days of this fiasco, I know no good will come of keeping it around so am I still in possession of stolen goods - no. Was I at some point? That's very debatable, when you steal something you typically deprive the rightful owner of it or in the case of copyright material like a movie you deprive them of revenue they get from it (neither case applies here) but there are now hundreds of thousands of copies of this data out there. The data doesn't belong to me and I have no right to be in possession of it unless asked to by someone that does own it (and I was), and I feel we do own our own personal information.

If possessing this information and disclosing it is a crime then a lot of news agencies that outed Josh Duggar are in trouble :)

who is so stupid to use their real email address? Oh, I see a MP is on the list, great, the people who run our country are so stupid. LOL

They're not stupid, they're horny!

Additional Comments:

They're not stupid, they're horny!

I am horny but not stupid.

I am on the list not with my real personal email address or a work one but with a gmail one that cannot be traced to me.

Free disposable untracable email addresses are so easy to get that it is simply stupid to use one tracable to you for anything that you do not want the world to know about, no matter how horney you are.

Mb

• Like 3

I am horny but not stupid.

I am on the list not with my real personal email address or a work one but with a gmail one that cannot be traced to me.

Free disposable untracable email addresses are so easy to get that it is simply stupid to use one tracable to you for anything that you do not want the world to know about, no matter how horney you are.

Mb

All email addresses are traceable back to its owner, it is simply a question of making real easy or somewhat hard... But yes, all those using their work email address are just begging for trouble...

Guest *i*********y
All email addresses are traceable back to its owner, it is simply a question of making real easy or somewhat hard... But yes, all those using their work email address are just begging for trouble...

I don't agree. The email address can be traced to an IPA, but you can use one of several proxy servers to get around that, or you can go to an internet cafe or you can be a Shaw subscriber which hides your individual IPA behind a 'group' IPA shared by several hundred / thousand others. In this case your individual IPA could be pulled from the group IPA but only with Shaw's permission and cooperation, and that would take a stack of legal papers a mile high.

I don't agree. The email address can be traced to an IPA, but you can use one of several proxy servers to get around that, or you can go to an internet cafe or you can be a Shaw subscriber which hides your individual IPA behind a 'group' IPA shared by several hundred / thousand others. In this case your individual IPA could be pulled from the group IPA but only with Shaw's permission and cooperation, and that would take a stack of legal papers a mile high.

Yeah, Gmail does NOT reveal your IP address in the headers, Hotmail/Outlook definitely does via X-Originating-IP: [Your-IP-here] right in the headers for the recipient to see.

You can be certain however that if Google is served with a FISA warrant they will search their logs and reveal the IP address of the user to the Government.

So most disposable email address services can be traced with varying levels of difficulty, Gmail being much better than Hotmail/Outlook.com.

For the really paranoid there is SIGAINT, a darknet email service that absolutely allows you to send and receive email without revealing your location or identity to anyone.

Everything you post on the internet can be traced back to the device used. If you ever used the same device to post something with your real name or identifying information, or through your home network then it can be traced back to you.

However not everyone has the capabilities of the NSA or other government level agency. A really good hacker could also trace it back but someone screwing around on a SO is simply not on their radar to check out.

Disposable emails are only good for making it difficult for the average or even above average level of knowledge to trace.

99.9999% of the time that is good enough. The other times is for stuff far beyond what I'll ever do on line so I am not at all worried.

Mb

• Like 1